Articles /10/

/

With KCON 2016 Presented by Toyota revealing SHINee as one of the headlining artists for Los Angeles earlier today, another artist has just been revealed.

Produce 101′s girl group I.O.I will be coming to Los Angeles for their first ever US performance.

Additionally idol actor Im Siwan and actress Park Bo Young will be attending KCON New York as special guests.

KCON Los Angeles will take place on July 29-31 at the Staples Center and Los Angeles Convention Center. Tickets will go on sale next week on June 3. As of right now, the announced concert lineup features SHINee, BTS, TaeTiSeo, CNBLUE, BLOCK B, TWICE,  GFRIEND, ASTRO, DEAN and I.O.I. More artists will be revealed before tickets go on sale.

Tickets for KCON NY’s concerts are already on sale.  Scheduled for June 24-25 at the Prudential Center, June 24 will have performances by Ailee, BtoB, Dynamic Duo with Crush, and Seventeen while June 25 will feature BTS, DAY6, Eric Nam and MAMAMOO.

KCON, which celebrates its 5th anniversary this year, features a full convention dedicated to Korean culture and “All Things Hallyu.”

/

I.O.I have revealed their upcoming promotion plans.

The 11-member temporary group will finish their promotions for their debut album soon after their performance at Dream Concert on June 4. Members have been busy with variety show appearances, filming for commercials, photo shoots, and performances since releasing their debut album “Chrysalis” on May 4. The group will actually be filming another commercial the day after the Dream Concert.

I.O.I will be starting solo and unit group promotions this summer.

Furthermore, I.O.I’s agency commented on reports concerning I.O.I’s last stage before disbandment. YMC Entertainment stated, “It’s not true that I.O.I’s last stage will be on Mnet’s MAMA (Mnet Asian Music Awards). I.O.I will be active until January 2017.”

Which I.O.I members would you like to see do solo and unit group promotions?

/

Two new faces will be making appearances on KBS’s “Immortal Song”!

On May 27, a representative confirmed that Akdong Musician member Lee Soohyun, I.O.I, and Muzie are scheduled to appear, alongside the other performers, Rose Motel, Clazziquai, Son Seung Yeon, and Kim Ji Woo. They will all participate in the the May 30 recording of the show, which will take place at KBS New Wing Open Hall. This future episode will feature cover performances of artist Hong Seo Beom’s songs.

They also reveal, “This will be the first time Lee Soohyun, I.O.I, and Muzie appear on ‘Immortal Song.’ Lee Soohyun is preparing a solo performance without her brother Lee Chanhyuk. All eleven members of I.O.I will participate in the performance, and Muzie plans to show the audience a different side to himself.”

According to their statements, this episode will feature both new and veteran singers, and will no doubt put on performances that will impress the eyes and ears of the audience. Many are anticipating the younger additions to the show’s line up.

This episode of “Immortal Song” will be broadcasted sometime in June.

/

It’s been decided that Jung Chaeyeon will be participating in the 2016 Dream Concert as a member of I.O.I and not DIA.

Representatives of SBS and the Korea Entertainment Producer’s Association reported on June 1 that DIA would not be attending the concert. While it was initially planned that Jung Chaeyeon would participate in the Dream Concert as both a member of DIA and I.O.I, DIA’s agency MBK Entertainment revealed that they pulled the group out of the concert for Jung Chaeyeon’s sake.

A representative from MBK Entertainment told OSEN, “We decided that DIA will not be participating in the Dream Concert. Since participating with both groups would be difficult for her, we sat down with her and the DIA members and came to this decision.”

The Dream Concert will mark I.O.I’s last promotion as a full group before they move on to unit promotions, so MBK came to this decision to let Jung Chaeyeon focus on that performance. The MBK representative continued, “DIA will be making a comeback in June, and of course Jung Chaeyeon will be participating.”

Jung Chayeon faced controversy earlier this month following the news that she had officially rejoined as a member of DIA. The news left many wondering how she’d manage being an active member of two groups at the same time.

/

On May 31, the members of I.O.I appeared as guests on the tvN show “Taxi.”

While on the show, the talk turned to the topic of mothers.

“I didn’t see my parents for four months while doing ‘Produce 101,” Jung Chaeyeon said. “If you look at her KakaoTalk profile, she has one of my selfies as the profile picture. She wrote, ‘The daughter I miss’ under it. On the day of our showcase, she wrote, ‘It’s a special day.’”

She added, “Lately there have been negative things surrounding me so my mother sent me a text. I thought I would cry if I read it so I haven’t read it yet.”

Yoo Yeonjung also shed tears talking about her mother. “On the day of my showcase, my mother brought all my clothes and things in a big basket. She came up to me and said brightly, ‘I brought your things for you.’ But I must have been sleepy and instead of saying thank you, I just told her I’d see her later. But after the showcase we had to go another schedule right away and I didn’t get a chance to greet her properly.”

In another car (the eleven girls were separated into two different cars), Kim Sohye talked about her hardships and sent a video message to her mom.

“When I was on ‘Produce 101,’ I was a bad dancer,” she said. “I practised my choreography all night without sleeping. Every time I thought I had it, my head would go blank. I cried all day.”

To her mom, she said, “It wasn’t easy to get here and I have to keep working hard in the future. I love I.O.I. I’ll work hard, I promise. Fighting!”

/