Articles /3/

/

On May 4, the highly anticipated girl group I.O.I finally makes their official debut with their first mini album, "Chrysalis."

According to their agency YMC Entertainment, their mini album was released on various music sites simultaneously, and I.O.I will begin official promotions of their debut title track, "Dream Girls."

"Dream Girls" was co-produced by Famousbro and Paul, and its lyrics were written by Famousbro. I.O.I's Lim Nayoung and Choi Yoojung wrote the rap lyrics as well. It is a hopeful song that talks about how chasing your dreams will result in a successful outcome. Combining synth sounds and a upbeat rhythm, the song is bound to lift anyone's spirits.

I.O.I's debut album, "Chrysalis" is comprised of seven total songs, including four new tracks, and three songs from Mnet's "Produce 101″ that were remade into "I.O.I versions." The members reportedly participated in the production of the whole album by voicing their opinions throughout the process. The resulting mini album showcases I.O.I's unique color.

I.O.I will hold their debut showcase on May 5, at 4 p.m. KST, at Jangchung Gymnasium. It can be livestreamed through the MelOn website, the app MelOnAZtalk, and 1TheK.

/

I.O.I will be holding their first showcase on May 5.

According to representatives of the girl group on April 26, the group will be donating all of the proceeds from the showcase tickets.

I.O.I, a group made up of the final 11 members from Mnet's "Produce 101," will be releasing their mini album on May 4, finally making their official debut. The group will then hold a showcase at Jangchoong Stadium for three thousand people the following day on May 5, which will be their first official debut stage.

The tickets for the showcase will be sold at 1000 won (approximately $0.87 ) per ticket. All proceeds will be donated under I.O.I and their fans' names to the charity selected based on the opinions of the fans.

Tickets for I.O.I's showcase will open starting April 30 at 2 p.m. KST exclusively through the music site, Melon.

Meanwhile, for the fans who cannot make it to the event in person, the showcase will be streamed live through Melon's AZTalk, YouTube channel 1theK, and Melon as well.

/

"Produce 101″ girl group I.O.I is confirmed to host next week's broadcast of tvN's "SNL Korea."

All 11 members are expected to participate in entertaining viewers during the live show scheduled to air on May 7 at 9:45 p.m. KST.

This marks the latest variety show appearance to be added to the popular girl group's promotion calendar.

Kwon Sung Wook PD has confidence in I.O.I's hosting talent. "The members' talent and skills exceeded all my expectations. Next week's broadcast will be different from the usual 'SNL Korea Season 7.'" Viewers can look forward to seeing more of the members' cute and youthful characters in the upcoming episode.

Meanwhile, I.O.I made headlines earlier this week for appearing on JTBC's "Sugar Man" and turning Yoo Jae Suk into a complete fanboy.

Are you excited for next week's "SNL Korea" hosted by I.O.I?

/

Just a few weeks into their debut and I.O.I has demonstrated their immense popularity in the industry.

I.O.I was formed through Mnet's "Produce 101" girl group survival show, which resulted in an 11-member girl group. From the moment the show aired, they amassed a strong fandom and as soon as they debuted, this popularity has crossed over into all of the variety shows that they have guested on.

The first variety show I.O.I appeared on was JTBC's "Sugar Man," where the group performed a fun rendition of Banana Girl's "Butt." This episode scored a rating of 3.34 percent rating according to Nielson Korea, the highest yet for the show.

The second variety show that I.O.I appeared on as a full group was tvN's "SNL Korea." I.O.I. proved their popularity by showing off their acting skills, impacting the ratings on this show as well. The rating for this episode was 2.37 percent, compared to the 1.18 percent rating for last week's episode featuring Hong Soo Ah, also hitting an all-time high for "SNL Korea."

I.O.I are set to guest on the May 8 episode of tvN's "Comedy Big League." Instead of the entire group, however, only Kim Sejeong, Kim Chungah, and Jeon Somi will be showing off their comedic skills. There is a lot of attention to whether the I.O.I effect will impact "Comedy Big League" as well, considering the show is currently seeing a decrease in ratings following the controversy with Jang Dong Min.

/

Recently, a man assumed to be the manager of girl group I.O.I has been gaining attention for mistreatment of the girl group members.

A short video clip was posted on the official I.O.I fan cafe titled, "Video of manager yelling [at members] to hurry and get in the car after music show recording."

The clip shows member Yoo Yeonjung greeting fans before getting in the car after which a man assumed to be the manager yells angrily for the girls to "hurry up and get in."

The original netizen who posted the video said, "As I.O.I was coming out with umbrellas after today's pre-recording of 'The Show,' [the manager] yelled at the girls to 'hurry up and get in' for greeting fans as they were getting in the car but, isn't this too much," and, "If he does this in front of the fans, I can't imagine how much he must mistreat them in the car or the dormitory. I haven't seen what happens behind doors but honestly the video is enough."

The poster continued, "I understand that the job of the manager is not easy but it is part of the service industry so, is it okay for him to act this way in public," and, "I don't know if he is treating I.O.I like this because they are rookies. The more I think about it, I don't understand."

Other netizens who came across the post couldn't hide their surprise and anger at the video. I.O.I fans are currently waiting on the group's agency, YMC Entertainment, for an official apology from the manager in question.

/