Chapter Eighteen: Crush

Mistoffelees awoke to the sound of birdsong and Plato calling his name. He could feel sun on his body and Tugger's paw wrapped round his front. 

"Misto," Plato said, his voice gentler than usual. He could hear the smirk in his voice. What was he smiling at? Misto forced his dark eyes open and met the white kitten's glance. He was standing right in front of him and the bright morning sun illuminated his outline against the sky. Misto blinked and took in his surroundings. The park looked fresh and sunny and the sky was bright blue and cloudless. He then noticed Bombalurina and Demeter standing behind Plato, staring at him. They were both laughing and Plato also looked like he was trying not to giggle. 

"What?" Misto mewed tiredly. 

"What are you guys doing?" Plato asked. Misto suddenly sat up and looked over his shoulder at Tugger who was sprawled out on the grass, still asleep. The small black cat kicked him sharply in the side with his paw, which caused his eyes to snap open and his ears to prick up. Tugger looked over at Misto and then towards the other three cats standing in front of them. No-one said anything. 

"Are we interrupting something?" Demeter mewed, raising an eyebrow. Tugger sat up quickly and shook his fur off, looking away. 

"No," both toms said in unison. Plato snorted to himself and turned towards the gate of the park. 

"Today's going to be good if we get going now. By the looks of it, the sun will be out all day which means there'll be enough time to search this part of the city."

"And if he's not here?"

"Then we keep looking. I say we pull an all-nighter. We'll get more done and time's running out," Plato said firmly. No-cat objected. 

"Let's go then," Tugger said stiffly, scratching at his collar. Mistoffelees cleared his throat and led the way out the park. Plato followed swiftly after, then Demeter. Bomba walked next to Tugger but he wouldn't meet her gaze. 

"What was that then, hmm?" she teased playfully. 

"What was what?" 

"Everlasting Cat, Tug, come on! You and Misto! You guys were basically on top of each other!" 

"He said he was...cold..." 

"I'm sure he did," the fiery red queen smirked. With a knowing smirk she brushed past him and mewed quietly: "I'm not stupid; I can read you better than anyone. I think someone's got a little crush." 

More than a little crush, they both knew. Tugger just rolled his eyes. 

"You're stupid," he purred, sounding like an indignant kitten. She ran her long tail smoothly up his neck and giggled to herself. He nipped the tip of it gently with his razor sharp fangs, and she squealed a little. 

"Hey! Watch it! I'm on your side here, stupid." 

Tugger and Bombalurina had been best friends since they were kittens, and while he was almost double her size she was a mean fighter and would win any challenge between them no questions asked. They were forever teasing each other and it seemed like nothing had changed. Tugger just shook his head and kept walking.

 It all made sense to Bomba now. This was why he'd been acting so different recently. Now she thought about it, it had been obvious from the start. He was constantly with the other cat, even when they were kittens, and trying to get his attention. While it hurt that he would never like her the way she did him, she was so happy that he'd finally found something he actually wanted, and she was going to make sure it worked out, no matter what.

Hey guys!!! Remember this crappy little story? I'm editing it and I've got all the other chapters ready to publish so I'm just going to finish it off quickly so I can move on to my better Cats fics :3 I really don't like the way I've written this story or how I've made the characters come across but oh well...If you guys have any ideas for Cats things you'd like me to write (stories, headcanons, anything!) just message me here or on tumblr (the-casbah-way) This is just a wee filler chapter xxx