Chapter Twenty-Five: Cassidy Mary-Anne Winchester

New! Official Reading Playlist - http://hypster.com/playlists/user/CarterJean?7181098 (clickable link in my bio)  

...1999...

"Ciao, Miss Addison." I jump and look up from the dead bodies to see a tall, dark women staring back at me from the mirror. I turn around to face her, but she's not there.

"You're Theresa." I say in disbelief, fear creeping down my neck.

"How did you know, darling?" She purrs, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Well, no other creepy monster-demon thing is out to get me!" I yell, but my voice wavers and cracks in all the wrong places.

Theresa feigns shock, "You dare compare me to the scum who call themselves demons? You are a silly little girl. I am not one whom you should tease like that."

"What do you want?" I say setting my jaw.

"I think you know." She smirks, gesturing to my stomach. She snaps her fingers and the baby provides a swift kick. Theresa genuinely smiles at my flinch.

"What the hell was that?" I say, nervously looking at the dead women at my feet.

"She's connected to me, and she knows it too." Theresa grins in such a way that makes me feel sick. "Now, it's time to introduce my new vessel to the world so she'll be of proper age when it's time for me to claim her."

Theresa claps her hands together and disappears from the mirror with a large booming sound. The ground shakes beneath me and I lose my balance, falling onto my butt. Then all of a sudden, everything goes wrong.

I waddle out of the ladies room and yell, "Jane!" until she comes running while pushing the cart with her hellions pulling each other's hair in the basket.

"Oh, Addison," She sighs, "You were just in the ladies room this entire time. Phew, I was getting a little nervous there for a second," She finally looks up and sees the expression on my face, "Oh honey, what's wrong?"

"My water just broke." I choke.

...

If I were to make a list of the horrible things I've ever had to do in my life, telling my parents I wasn't going to college would be number one. Number two would be giving birth.

"And here she is," the nurse finally says after what felt like hours of immense pain and anger and tears, "Your new baby girl."

Then she hands me this angry, crying pink baby. That's mine. Oh, God.

And Dean isn't even here yet. Oh, God.

I take the baby into my arms and lay her across my chest. She doesn't stop crying. I feel a panicky sensation start to take over. I know nothing about kids, and now I have one. How the hell am I going to do this? And then what about Theresa? Oh, God.

Oh, God. Oh, God. Oh, God. Oh, God.

And then the nurse offers to take her away to be cleaned up. Okay. I can do this.

I fill out information cards and pause when I get to her name.

Cassidy.

The nurse returns with Cassidy swaddled in a pink blanket and a pink knitted cap.

Mary-Anne.

I take her back into my arms and take a deep breath. She's sleeping now; the both of us worn out and finally calm. I look down at her tiny face and am surprised to recognize a little bit of myself from my baby pictures. Oh, God. I hope she's not like me. I smile at her for the first time and I swear that she almost smiles back while in her baby sleep.