s e v e n

Joey's POV

As the next week goes by, Daniel and I spend almost everyday together. Throughout the week we went hiking, shopping, and have gotten our nails done. It's getting harder and harder for me to keep up. I should've expected this, but it's all real now. I'm going to die.

Just yesterday I posted a video (I just sneezed) explaining everything. The cancer, the short amount of time I have left, and the newfound friendship between Daniel and I. Daniel has even started being in my vlogs. In this moment, I am just happy I have Daniel in my life. Without him, I know everything would be much worse.

"Hey Joey, you okay?" Daniel asks suddenly from beside me. I nod, a small smile forming on my face.

"I'm fine."

•••

"Daniel!" I groan loudly, my muscles contracting.

"I'm coming!" Daniel yells and I fall to the floor.

Daniel scurries into the living room where I have collapsed onto the floor. The large box I was trying to lift sits beside me and I let out an exasperated sigh.

(if you thought that was going to be dirty, here's a bible *throws bible*)

"Oh god, I'm so sorry Joey!" Daniel exclaims, reaching down and helping me up. "Let me get that. You should've just yelled at me to get it. All I was doing was making food for us!"

I giggle slightly at him, noticing our hands still connected. I let go immediately and clear my throat, the smile returning to my face.

"I'm sorry! I wanted to try on my own." I pout, stomping my foot lightly.

"Sweetie that's okay. I know you love being independent, but you need to learn to depend on others a little more." Daniel says softly and we head into the kitchen where Daniel is preparing food.

As we sit down at the table to eat, I can't help but think how it's already been a week. One week has gone by much too quick. This means only three more to go before I'm gone. Forever. At least I have Daniel with me. He's a really great guy.

Something inside me lurches as I think about Daniel. Why have I allowed someone so special into my life when I'm a worthless piece of shit? I drop my fork and a crash sounds from it clashing with my plate.

"Joey? What's going on?" Daniel asks, reaching over and placing his hand over mine.

"I think you should go." I mumble, refusing to make eye contact with Daniel.

"What?" he asks as if he didn't hear.

"I said go. Now." I snap and I look up, seeing a flash of pain cross his face.

"Okay, Joey. I'll see you tomorrow?" he asks, but I ignore him.

This was a mistake.

(a/n: it's hard to stay positive for so long without crashing.)