t w e l v e

Joey's POV

"Well that was a drag." I mumble jokingly, looking over at Daniel. He pouts, hitting my shoulder gently.

"I'm so sorry, Joe. I didn't really think of the basics of a sudden trip to Mexico..." Daniel chuckles awkwardly, a look of sadness on his face.

My arm snakes around his waist and I pull him close to me for a brief moment, reassuring that it's alright.

"It's okay, Daniel. It really is. No matter what we do, it'll be amazing. I know it will." I smile happily and watch his expression change dramatically.

"I'm so glad to hear that. I just wish I could've given you this. I was too caught up in the moment to think about certain objectives of this trip. I'm sorry." he says, a look of sympathy on his face.

I shrug it off, smiling at him. He gives me a small smile in return and before I really think about my actions, my hand is enveloping in his. We walk like this into my house. It isn't romantic, it's simply friendly. Friends hold hands, right? Right.

We leave our luggage in the porch and head to the couch. He takes a seat before me and motions for me to sit in his lap. A blush immediately creeps upon my cheeks as I slide into his lap, wiggling to get in a comfortable position. I smile contently once in his lap and lay my head back against his chest.

"Shall we watch a movie, hun?" Daniel asks and I nod, seeing him grab the remote and turn the TV on.

We decide on some random romantic comedy, but for some reason I can't seem to focus on the movie at all. Maybe it's the beautiful boy I am blessed to be in the presence of, or maybe it's something else, but I feel constantly distracted the entire time.

I snuggle closer into him, wrapping my arms around the boy. Friends cuddle, right? Of course. Friends definitely cuddle.

As the movie continues, I suddenly feel something change in me. I turn around, becoming face-to-face with the boy I had the pleasure of meeting.

"What is it, dearium?" he asks softly, smiling softly. I smile, looking into his eyes intently.

I love his eyes. The way they're so deep and dark like the forest, yet how lively and bright they also are. My eyes travel down from his eyes to his lips. Oh how plump and beautiful they are. They look soft to the touch, like a rose petal.

"Nothing, you're just beautiful." I blurt out awkwardly, blushing immediately after.

"Oh sweetie," he chuckles, "as are you."

The redness of my cheeks darkens as I look into his eyes until suddenly, my eyes are screwed shut and our lips are pressed together.

Friends don't kiss, and I know that for a fact.

(a/n: what what in the butt.)