t h i r t e e n

Joey's POV

As our lips collide, my fingers immediately entangle themselves in his hair. My left leg is lifted off the ground as his hands rest on my lower back. I pull away slightly, needing to catch my breath. Our foreheads press together as we look into each other's eyes, complete and pure bliss fogging over both of our eyes.

"Your lips," Daniel begins, reaching up and gliding his thumb along my bottom lip, "are so soft."

I blush at his words, looking to the ground. His index finger is placed below my chin, tilting it up slightly so I'm looking directly in his eyes.

"Your eyes, so bright and beautiful. Yet they're calm and soft. They're clouded over with pure gold, but I see the rust beneath. Don't try to hide your pain from me." Daniel whispers, reaching his hand up and cupping my cheek. I nod slightly, tears blurring my vision.

A thumb is brushed beneath my eye as he wipes a stray tear I didn't even notice had escaped. My lip begins to tremble and I wrap my arms around his torso, nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck. I inhale his scent, slightly of coconut, with a hint of vanilla and mint. It's an interesting combination and I can't help but inhale it to calm my nerves.

"Daniel Christopher Preda, who would've thought you could change my life so dramatically in such a short amount of time?" I ask, chuckling as I wipe the tears from my eyes.

"I don't know, Joseph Michael Graceffa," he whispers, looking my directly in the eyes, "but I wouldn't change it for the world."

And in this moment, everything was perfect.

For now.

(a/n: lmao short wat. the jANIEL SHIP IS SAILING *wiggles arms* )