s e v e n t e e n

Daniel's POV

Today was the day I decided to head out of the hospital and pick up some of Joey's favourite things. This included nail polish, numerous kinds of ice cream, his laptop, and different assorted food items.

As soon as I stepped into the fresh air, I realized how unfamiliar the smell had gotten lately. It felt nice to be outside, but I already missed Joey's company and I couldn't help the anxiety rising as soon as I left. I had an odd feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I tried to ignore it. It had to be nothing. Joey is safe and sound in his hospital bed and I'm only going to be gone for an hour, at most. I make my first stop at the grocery store and gather numerous snacks and ice cream that Joey adores. I smile sadly to myself as I see a teenage couple holding hands, knowing that will never be Joey and I.

I hum quietly as I head to the cashier, placing my items down. As I look around the store and hum, I hear the cashier clear her throat quietly. My head jerks in her direction and I smile apologetically.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Y-You're Daniel, r-right?" she stutters, her cheeks flushing slightly. I nod.

"That would be me." I say with a smile.

"C-Could I get a picture?" she asks timidly and I say 'aww' loudly.

"Of course!" I exclaim, leaning in as she takes out her phone.

Once the picture is taken, she thanks me quietly.

"I hope Joey's doing better." she almost whispers, her voice quiet. I smile sadly and don't give her a full answer, knowing he's dramatically worsening.

"He's a fighter." I reciprocate, thanking her and heading out of the store with my bags.

As soon as I'm out of sight, I feel the tears coming on. I rush into my car and slam the door, my fingers running through my hair as hot tears stream down my face. Joey is dying and I'm still living a healthy life. He has so much more worth on this planet. He doesn't deserve this. That's when it hits me. This unfamiliar feeling, the strong emotional connection...

I'm in love with Joseph Michael Graceffa...and he'll never know.

(a/n: i cried at that ^ tbh. why do i grow an emotional bond with mY CHARACTERS HELP)