n i n e

Daniel's POV

As I wake up in the morning, I can't help but have an odd feeling in the pit of my stomach. It's almost like a great amount of anxiety rising up and out of my throat, but once it reaches my mouth it'll be far too late. I can't seem to shake the feeling as I choke down my food.

What was going through Joey's mind last night? I know he didn't actually want me to go. He couldn't, could he? I haven't done anything to hurt him. Maybe he just had a moment. That must be it. As I walk outside after my breakfast, I debate whether or not to knock on Joey's door.

Before I know what I'm doing, I'm rushing over to his door and standing there with my fist in the air. As I'm about to knock, I suddenly hear a loud banging noise from inside the house. My hand grips onto the doorknob and I quickly run over and see Joey lying on the floor. His eyes are screwed shut and his limbs are flopped down carelessly. He's knocked out.

Tears immediately begin to well in my eyes as I stare at the smaller boy. My hands reach under and pick him up, carrying him quickly towards the door and slamming it shut once we're out. I place him gently in the backseat of my car and immediately climb into the drivers seat, speeding off to the nearest hospital. I'm eyeing the road cautiously as I drive, making sure not to cause any ruckus at my dangerous speed.

Soon enough I see the numerous "H" signs indicating there is a hospital very near by. As soon as I see the large building I turn and speed to the emergency doors. My car is parked randomly as I get Joey and run into the emergency doors, crying as they take Joey away from me on a gurney."

(a/n: why do i do this to myself)