44

Robert- happy birthday baby girl.

I woke up to the smell of bacon and my dad standing right in front of me. He had a tray of food in his hands and when I sat all the way up I saw balloons and pink roses sitting on my dresser.

Robert- get up, it's your birthday.

I took the tray of food and he gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Nicki- thank you daddy.

I checked my phone and I had tons of texts. I decided to skip school today, I never went to school on my birthday.My day was starting off on the right foot.

Nicki- hello

Carol- happy birthday baby!

Nicki- thank you

Carol- what do you have planned for today?

Nicki- nothing so far

Carol- well you should stop by later so I can give you your birthday present.

Nicki- ok

Carol- alright, I love you.

Nicki- love you too

I went through my text messages and started replying to all of them. There was a text from Meek and even tho I was still super mad at him I replied anyways. And then he called. I didn't answer, I just let the phone ring. He's been calling and texting ever since the day he told me that he wasn't coming to my birthday party and that day was the last time I talked to him. I missed his voice and I missed seeing his face on FaceTime but I wanted him to know how big of a deal this was to me.

Nicki- what do you want Chino

Chino- damn, that's how I get treated? I thought we was cool.

Nicki- I know your just calling for Meek anyways. Yes I'm still mad and no I don't wanna talk to his ass.

Chino- he just tryna tell his girl happy birthday.

Nicki- he did already and I said thank you but I don't wanna talk.

Chino- well he has a gift for you but it's in Jersey.

Nicki- what the hell did he get me?

Chino- all he told me was that the present was in Jersey. You wanna come with me later to get it?

Nicki- I guess

Chino- alright, Ima need you to be ready by noon because I still got shit to do for this party later so we need to go and get back.

Nicki- ok, I'll be ready

Chino- don't do my nigga like that sis, answer his calls.

Nicki- no, bye Chino.

I didn't know what kind of gift to expect but with us not being on speaking term it better be a damn good one.

Nicki- hey dad

Robert- what?

Nicki- I'm gonna go to moms in a little bit and then I'm gonna hang out with some friends, is that ok?

Robert- that cool, it's your birthday. Just behave.

Nicki- I always behave.

I got up and picked out an outfit. Since it was my birthday I wanted to look good all day so I picked out one of the dresses that I bought from the mall. I went into the bathroom and started some bath water. For some reason I felt like taking a bath instead of just hopping in the shower. I added some bubbles, grabbed my phone and got in. Meek had been sending me text all morning to try and make me feel guilty about not texting or talking to him, but I'm still ignoring him until I feel like forgiving him.

..

Chino- damn Nicki, come on!

Nicki- shut up, I'm coming.

Chino- I said noon, it's almost two!

Nicki- well sorry, it takes time to look this good, and I had to stop at my moms house.

I got in the passenger seat of his car and he drove off.

Chino- why you all dressed up anyways?

Nicki- because it's my birthday!

Chino- Meek know you wearing that dress?

Nicki- Meek is not my daddy!

Chino- that time y'all stayed at my house he was.

Nicki- let's not..

I sat back in my seat and got comfortable for this semi long drive.

Nicki- I know you know what the gift is Chino, tell me.

Chino- I really don't. All he told me was that it was in Jersey.

Nicki- why didn't he have it sent to me instead of Jersey?

Chino- he said it was kind of last minute and it wouldn't get there in time for your birthday, so he ask if I could bring you up there.

Nicki- this better be good

Chino- you just need to sit back. You already been giving my mans a hard time these past few days.

Nicki- he's the one that's been giving me a hard time. Even the girls you mess with get more attention than me.

Chino- he got goals and shit he tryna work towards, you can't be selfish. If you ask me, he do way more shit for you than I ever seen him do for a girl. You gotta respect that.

Nicki- I do, but I still wanna feel like I'm in a relationship.

Chino- come on, let's make this quick.

Nicki- where are we?

We got out and went into this building. I was so confused because there was nothing in here that could possibly be my present.

Nicki- Chino, this is a restaurant.

Meek- I know

I turned around and Meek was standing right there behind me. I froze at the sight of his face. I couldn't believe he was actually here. After I came back to reality, I jumped up in his arms and held on sight.

Meek- are you surprised?

Nicki- I hate you

He tapper my leg for me to get down and I did. He handed me the flowers and the gift bag that he had in his hand. I grabbed his face and kissed him.

Meek- you forgive me now?

Nicki- yeah, I forgive you.

Meek- I hope you know your in trouble for ignoring me for three days, but we'll handle that later.

Chino- well I'm out. I'll be back in a few hours.

Meek- ight man

Chino left and we went and sat down at a table.

Nicki- you came up with this all by yourself?

Meek- yeah, with a lil help from Chino

Nicki- I can't even lie, that was a good one.

Meek- this is just the beginning

TO BE CONTINUED...