52

The meeting today with the lawyer went very well. He made us all feel a little better about court coming up. He said that there wasn't going to be any charges pressed against me for setting up that whole little thing which cause Jaylen to get beat up and he also said that he was pretty confident that Meek wouldn't have to face any jail time which is all I needed to know. I was hoping that this good news would put everyone at ease especially Meek because I could tell that he was very worried about the whole thing. All I wanted was for everything to go back to normal.

Aside from all the legal stuff, it was kind of weird having my mom and dad in the same room with Meek's mom and dad. It was weird because Meek's mom was the same towards his dad as my mom was towards my dad. They really didn't care for each other but there was no animosity in the air. I was glad that Meek's mom and my mom were getting along pretty well too.

Robert- Should we go to lunch?

Nicki- That would be fun.

Kathy- That's ok with me.

My mother declined but I don't think she was just being a bitch, it was probably because Tim had to go back to work. I guess it was just going to be me, my dad, Meek and his mom which was perfectly fine with me.

Nicki- Where are we going to eat at?

Robert- Don't matter to me.

Nicki- Do you have anywhere that you would like to go Ms. Kathy?

Kathy- No, anywheres fine with me

Robert- So no one has any suggestions?

Nicki- Cheesecake Factory?

Robert- Cheesecake Factory it is then.

I got in the car with my dad and Meek got back in the car with his mom.

Nicki- Thanks for the lawyer dad, it really means a lot.

Robert- You know I love you.

Nicki- Yes i do, and I love you too.

Robert- You better.

Nicki- So that was your first time meeting Meek's mom. What do you think about her?

Robert- I think she's a very nice lady and I see why Meek is so caring.

Nicki- That's good. We kind of need both of you guys to get along because the two of you are the parents that we both consider our biggest support system. I'm a daddy's girl and he's a mommas boy.

Robert- Well I think we'll get along just fine, I just hope we don't have to meet under these kind of circumstances again.

Nicki- I can promise you that nothing like this will ever happen again.

We pulled up to the restaurant and we all got out. I was happy to know that both Meek and i's support systems were getting along. That made everything a lot less stressful.

..

Nicki- Do you think your mom would ride with my dad? I kind of wanted us to ride together." I whispered in his ear.

Meek- I don't know, ask her.

Nicki- No, you ask her!

Meek- What you scared of?

Nicki- I'm not scared, I just don't want to. I don't want her to feel awkward or anything.

Meek- Alright, I'll ask her.

He pulled her aside and whispered to her and I did the same with my dad.

Nicki- Hey dad if she says yes do you mind riding with Meek's mom back to the house, Meek and I are going to stop at Chinos house for a little bit.

Robert- I don't mind

Meek- You good ma?

Kathy- mhm

Robert- Ok, we'll see y'all in a minute.

They went one directing and we went the other. I was happy that we were finally getting some alone time.

Nicki- So how do you feel about what the lawyer said?

Meek- I feel good.

Nicki- Are you going to stop being to uptight now and start being fun and treating me like your girlfriend again?

Meek- What? I'm not uptight!

Nicki- You have been ever since the incident.

Meek- How?

Nicki- You haven't been talking much, you barely wanna cuddle with me, you don't hold my hand , the affection is just missing.

He grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it.

Nicki- That was cute or whatever but you got a lot of making up to do.

Meek- I got you.

Nicki- So why are we going to Chinos?

Meek- We having a little get together for me since court is less than two days away.

Nicki- A get together?

Meek- Yeah, just a few people.

Nicki- Maybe I should pull out of this one.

Meek- Don't worry, Ima be watching your every move. Ain't nothing gone happen to you.

Nicki- I believe you.

The last five minutes of our drive was silent. I was scrolling through Instagram while Meek drove.

Nicki- Um, what's up with this?

Meek- What?

Nicki- There's a girl in my dm's saying that y'all have been DMing back and fourth and she's says she has screen shots. Is there anything that you wanna tell me?

Meek- You really believe that?

Nicki- Well she's saying she has screenshots so it must be some truth to it.

We pulled into Chinos drive way, there was a bunch of cars already there.

Meek- I'm not about to deal with that shot right now, come on.

Nicki- Were not going anywhere until she sends those screenshots, I don't care how long it takes. You know what, let me see your phone.

Meek- What you need my phone for?

Nicki- I wanna see who else you been DMing.

He let out a deep sigh and gave me his phone.

Meek- Being insecure ain't sexy.

Nicki- I'm not insecure, I'm just not gonna let you have me out here looking stupid.

Meek- The only person that's gonna have you looking stupid is you because I didn't do nothing and you know I didn't. I don't know why you even feeding into this.

Nicki- You better pray that you didn't because I'd really hate to turn up on you in front of all these people.

Meek- Yeah, ok

THIS BOOK WILL BE FINISHED BY NEXT WEEK!