46

Robert- where are you going now?

Nicki- daddy, I'm just going to pick up the cake for my dinner party tonight. I told you that three times already!

Robert- who you yelling at?

Nicki- I'm not trying to but I have to go before the place closes.

Robert- go but I want you back here until it's time for you to leave.

I grabbed my car keys and ran out. All that I had been hearing all day was my dad nagging and bitching at me over every little thing. He found out through Instagram that I was with Meek in Philly yesterday and he was pissed. He put me on punishment yesterday and it took a lot of begging and convincing before he finally agreed to take me off so that I could go to my own party tonight.

On my way I couldn't help but think about my day yesterday with Meek. It was one of the best birthdays ever. He gave me all of his attention which was all I wanted and he got me some good gifts too.

Nicki- what's up?

Chino- we got a slight change of plans.

Nicki- what happened?

Chino- nothing, we just gotta move the party back an hour.

Nicki- 10:30?! That's kinda late Chino.

Chino- well if you wanna have it at my house then that's what time it's gotta be because moms is trippin.

Nicki- I guess that's ok. What time should I be there?

Chino- you can come whenever you want, it just can't be no party until 10:30.

Nicki- well me and my friend will be there at like 10:00.

Chino- alright that's cool. And Meek said call him too.

Nicki- why didn't he just tell me?

Chino- I just got off the phone with him before I called you.

Nicki- alright, I'll call

I was pulling up to the cake place so I decided to wait until I was leaving to call Meek. I went in and there was a guy at the counter who was waiting on his order I assume. I could feel him looking at me but I payed him no mind until he came and stood right beside me.

"Hey how you doin?"

Nicki- I'm good

"Is it your birthday?"

Nicki- no, my birthday was actually yesterday but my party is today.

"Oh, well happy belated birthday"

Nicki- thank you

He stopped talking to me long enough so that I could tell the guy at the front counter my name and give him my receipt. After I did that he started again.

"So what's your name?"

Nicki- um, I'm Nicki.

"Nice to meet you Nicki, I'm Adrian"

Nicki- oh ok, nice to meet you.

Even tho there was no flirtation in my voice and I wasn't showing any interest, he didn't give up. The man came back with Adrian's order and my order and I got ready to go.

Adrian- so is there any way that I could maybe get your number?

Nicki- well I don't think my boyfriend would like that very much.

Adrian- we don't have to date, I just wanna get to know you better. You seem like a cool girl.

I had to think of something to say to this guy so that I could leave.