Chapter 13

Chapter 13

     At last the school night had ended and Jonathan practically carried me to the car with Alexander and Julius at his heels, it was pretty embarrassing with all the other students staring at the spectacle. I could feel heat radiating from my cheeks, I most definitively wasn't used to being babied like this, I never really had a boyfriend before , or well in my case mate, so this was just another thing I'd have to get accustomed to. When we reached the car, Julius rushed to open the door for us, Jonathan placed me upon the seat delicately almost as if I was made of fragile glass and I would break if handled too roughly. Alexander just stood there kind of hopeless, eyeing me with such a worried demeanor. "Jonathan you dont have to do that for m-" I grasped my head in pain and he just gave me a quick glance that seemed to say with disbelief 'oh reallyy?' and with that I dared to say no more. He scooted in next to me and Julius followed in shortly after, Alexander just stood there for a brief instant still uncertain to my state before Jonathan gave him the okay to join us and come to our mansion. He shuffled in and closed the door, as soon as the door closed my head started to pulsate with pain yet again. As my body contorted in waves of agony, Jonathan leaned over me protectively, placing his hand upon my back , "Are you ok Annette, my love? Are you ok?!"  I tried to speak but I couldn't manage to mumble a single syllable. But out of the blue I heard a voice almost as clear as the night sky that surrounded us within the very frame that was my mind saying, "I hope Annette is ok, she is in so much pain I can't bear it.."  but when I glanced up as the voice continued to murmur about endless worries no one was uttering a single word just staring at me with intense uneasiness. "W-who said that? I don't.. I don't understand, someone just said something and someone still is.. And I'm ok I'm just agh-" "Annette! Oh god please hurry, so we can take care of her better" Jonathan practically shouted at the poor driver who sped up as soon as the order was barked out. "That was me Annette, but-" Alexander admitted rather flabbergasted, "But I didn't actually say it.. I was just thinking it, how in the world is it remotely possible for you to hear what I was thinking?" I was so confused, how the hell did I hear his thoughts? Hearing the voices of others just wasn't in the realm of physical possibilities... or at least so I thought. Finally the car had pulled up into the driveway of our house and I all I could make out were a multitude of voices, almost faint-like whispers, coursing through the sinews of my mind. I barely kept my consciousness as I was rushed into the house and up to the bed Jonathan and I shared. I could hear my mother's voice as I laid helplessly on the red satin sheets, along with the voices of my sweetest love and dearest friends; they all seemed to be quite concerned before I finally passed out into a deep slumber where my enervated body seemed to fade away into oblivion where only my dreams remained.

    In my dream I was somewhere surrounded by resplendent light and overwhelming warmth, my body no longer pained me and my mind was unclouded of the worries that had once overwhelmed my very soul. Figures of heavenly splendor approached buoyantly and opened their arms to welcome me into their presence. As I ascended towards them, I could hear their voices assuring me that I was not alone in my tribulation, that even though the journey I was to undertake would be perilous I was surrounded by love and the grace of the Goddess before me. At last I reached them and they rested their hands upon my body and at that moment I felt unrelenting strength course through my body and a new profound knowledge of what I was going to do. When I awoke everyone was still in my room, watching me very closely as if at any moment I was going to break down. "I know what I must do" I said with a voice that resonated with power, "I must save our kind and the world in which we reside in or all will be lost." I raised my hand to Jonathan's awestruck face, "Do not worry my love, I am ok now that I have been visited by the Gods and Goddess before me, they have given me the strength to do which I must." I said with an uncanny certainty. He looked down at me with amazement and faith, saying without faltering "I believe you my dearest love."