10 - Awkward.

Yay Chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took longer than I expected to drive to the Clark's house. I honestly wasn't sure if she was going the right way because I've only been in the direction of this area about...2 times, so I wouldn't be much help with direction.

"You know where you're going right?" I questioned after our 10,000th left turn. (I was just exaggerating, I lost count after 3."

She laughed. "Of course I do! I've been here so many times before. I was good family with the people who lived in your house before. Shame what happened to them."

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned to look at her. "What do you mean, 'shame what happened to them'?"

She waved her hand in dismissal. "Oh nothing. They were a really nice family. I liked them."

"Hold up...you said 'were.' Seriously Kaitlyn...what happened to that family? I live in that house now and I'm kind of concerned."

Her face immediately darkened. "Oh man I remember that day perfectly. I was the one that found them actually. I spent the night at the Clark's house on a Friday night this time last year when we were all really close..."

She trailed off then deep in thought. I honestly didn't know how she was managing to drive in this dazed state.

After a couple of seconds she came back to reality and continued with her story as if nothing ever happened.

"Anyway I walked over to the house you're living in now the next morning and..." Her voice faltered. "I found the whole family dead next to the house. All of them..." Her eyes were downcast more and her hands were shaking on the wheel. I could barely hear the last word she said because she whispered it. "Decapitated..."

A small gasp escaped my lips and I swear I saw her lower lip tremble and her brown eyes fill with tears.

"No one knew what happened. No one knew who did it. This town was in despair for weeks because it was the first attack in months..."

She trailed off once again. Her stance suddenly straightened, eyes wide, and mouth pursed in a tight line.

"What did you say?"

The car stopped and Kaitlyn turned towards me with a huge smile on her face. "We're here!"