{ Chapter 6 } Acceptance

- Cole -

"I know you don't want to see me right now, but I have some food out here for you to eat." I say, as I knock on her door. And for a moment I'm met by silence, and my head hangs low in defeat. I was expecting this from her. I guess she wasn't ready to see me yet. But as I slowly start to retreat, I hear her call out to me and I start to grow hopeful.

I take the tray of food in one hand and push open her door with the other. And as I enter her brightly lit room, I find her sitting on her bed, her grey eyes watching me cautiously with hands tightly clasped together. She was wearing the new shirt that I bought to replace the one I ripped. It was slightly low cut and showing a bit of her cleavage—I try my best to look away.

"How are you feeling?" I ask as I set down the tray of food.

My mate looks down at her hands for a moment, as if debating whether or not to tell me anything. But after a while, she finally decides to break her silence.

"She spoke to me." She replies. "My wolf spoke to me."

As she says this, her eyes grow calculating, trying to read my expression. Her composure was calm, but alert. She was aware of me but wasn't hostile. It seemed that she was just trying to piece everything together. Noticing this, I start feeling hopeful. Was she starting to accept our kind?

I walk over to her and sit beside her on the bed, my eyes observing her. She doesn't flinch nor does she move away from me, unlike all those times when she first came here. I reach out to stroke her fragile face, and this causes my fingers to immediately feel the electricity flowing through them. As she feels this, her features suddenly soften, and she looks up at me, eyes growing wide in curiosity.

"She told me you were my mate?" She says this as more of a question, as if urging me to acknowledge this fact.

My mouth tilts up in a smile. " I am your mate. I'm here to protect you." I say, moving my face closer to hers. Her plump lips part, ready to reply but I take her quickly and crash my lips onto hers. She reacts and tries to push me away but she slowly begins to melt into my arms and moves to match the motion of my lips. I pull her over me, her legs wrapping around my torso and her soft chest settling onto mine. I kiss her neck and suck at the soft sweet spot, causing her to moan in pleasure. Damn, that moan was sending such a surge of energy into my body, especially in my groin. She jumps, feeling it rub against her and she starts getting more and more aroused. "I can smell your arousal sweetheart." I whisper in her ear. The scent of flowers around her grew stronger and stronger and I wanted to inhale all of it.

She holds me tighter, pressing harder against my erection. "Well I guess you better do something about that, Cole."

"My pleasure." I say, sliding my hands into her shirt and grabbing at her soft and supple breasts. I leave trails of love bites all around her neck, hearing her moan louder and rougher. I had her breathing heavier and heavier, her crotch grinding against my package. She starts to stir, "I don't know what's coming over me." Her voice whispers. I rest my forehead against hers, taking in her beauty. She was like a flower in full bloom, so radiant and fragile.