Chapter 12

I was at the grocery store getting some groceries for the house.

I looked on the list and the last thing I needed was bread. I looked for the special kind I always got and it was all the way at the top.

I sighed and stood on my tippy-toes and tried to knock it down and it flew to the other side.

I groaned and started making my way towards the other side.

"Excuse me, but did you try throwing this at me?" A tall guy with brown hair that swept across his forehead and with chocolate brown eyes asked, holding my bread.

"No, but I did try getting it for myself. Sorry" I laughed.

"Well here you go and by the way it fell on my head while I was shopping" He told me, handing me the bread. "I almost thought it fell from the ceiling but then I realized.."

"I'm sorry" I apologized once again with a laugh.

"No, I'm sorry, I didn't get your name"

"Stella"

"Stella. That's a beautiful name" He grinned.

"Thank you and your name?" I asked.

"Carter" He answered with his a million dollar smile.

I nodded and started to wonder in my thoughts. I think he's pretty charming and he looks about my age.

"I know we just met, but would you like to go out with me tonight?" He asked.

"Sure, I would love to"

He pulled out his phone and I did the same. We switched phones and added each others numbers in and switched back.

"Okay, I'll pick you up at 7. Text me your address" He told me.

I nodded and gave him a smile. Then I got into a check out line.

----

I stood in front of the mirror and looked at myself. I had on a black sparkly dress with high heels and my hair clipped back. I was happy the way I looked.

I walked in the living room and Niall looked at me with a confused look.

"Why so dressed up?" He asked curiously.

"I'm going out" I said simply.

"With?"

Gosh he's so nosy.

"A guy I met at the market" I answered, fixing my dress.

"Ah" He turned his head back to the TV.

I waited for a couple minutes until the door knocked. I ran over to it and opened it. There stood Carter.

"Come in, please" I said.

He walked in and spotted Niall wondering who he was.

"Niall this is Carter, Carter this is Niall" I introduced.

"Niall is..well I honestly don't know how to explain what he is to me"

"The father of her child" Niall interrupted.

I watched Carter's eyes widen.

"We're kinda like divorced but we aren't married...I don't know it's complicated. We should get going" I said.

I grabbed my purse and grabbed Carter's hand and walked out. We walked hand in hand to his car.

Once we got in his car he started to question what that was all about.

"What was that?" He asked.

"Niall and I had a kid then he left me and cheated then came back and I don't know. Like I said its complicated but we are not dating and we don't like each other. He's just living with me so he could see his daughter" I explained.

"Okay" Was all he said.

Then he started driving to wherever he was taking me.