Chapter 13

He pulled up to an empty but beautiful area. The grass was nice and green and there was a couple trees and the sun was shining. There was a lake and a bench. It was beautiful.

"Is this a hidden area or something?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I found it a couple years back. It's beautiful isn't it?"

"It is" I nodded.

We both got out of the car and he got something out of the back seat. It was a picnic basket and a blanket. Aw he's the sweetest.

"Carter, I barely know you, but you're so sweet" I told him.

"Thank you. You're very sweet too" He grinned.

We found the perfect spot on the grass and Carter laid the blanket down and started setting up.

I sat down with him and started to help him.

"No, I got it" He said.

"Oh okay" I nodded and pulled my hands away.

I watched him get out some sandwiches and fruit.

"I didn't know what you liked so I kind of just guessed" He shrugged.

"Well it happens to be that you guessed correctly" I said with a smile.

"Really?"

"Yep, I love ham and cheese, strawberries, and grapes" I nodded.

"Perfect"

He placed my sandwich and fruit on a paper plate and sat it in front of me. Then he poured both of us some sparkling wine.

"This is perfect" I told him, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Yay" He cheered.

We ate in silence then after we ate we started talking.

"So tell me about yourself" He said.

"Well, I'm Stella and I'm 21. I have a daughter that is 4 and you know about the whole Niall part. But I was born in New York and grew up there until I was 14 then we moved over here to London and I've lived here ever since" I told him.

"Interesting life you got there"

"Totally" I laughed.

"So that's why you sound a bit American"

"Yep" I said popping the P.

"So where do you work?" He questioned.

"Well I took awhile off because of Niall but I'm a part time model and a part time worker at Starbucks. Where do you work?"

"A coffee shop" He answered simply.

"Oh well that's nice"

"Yeah"

"Well tell me about yourself" I told him.

"I'm Carter, I'm 20 and single sadly" He said with a sad face.

"Aw but you're a charming one!" I said poking him.

"Thank you" He giggled. "I didn't go to college. I am living on my own with a really boring life. Oh and I like monkeys"

"Monkeys are cute" I laughed.

"They are, people say I look like one"

"You kinda do"

We talked for a little while longer until it started to get dark.

"Time for the 2nd part" He said as we got in the car.

"Okay" I said putting my seat belt on.

-----

He pulled into a person's house. It looked like there was a party going on. Well this should be fun. Haven't been to one of these in awhile.

"Who's house is this?" I asked.

"My friends, his name is JJ he's having a party" He told me. "Is this okay? We don't have to go"

"No no, it's fine. I haven't been to a party in a long time. This should be fun"

"Ready then?" He asked after he parked.

"Yes" I nodded.

We got out of the car and walked to the door and we walked in.

I watched as people danced to the loud music making the floor vibrate and other people chatting.

"Come on" Carter said as he grabbed my hand and led me to somewhere.

We ended up in the kitchen where his friend was so I could meet him.

"JJ this is Stella, Stella this is JJ" Carter introduced.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked, sticking my hand out for him to shake it but he declined.

"No, no" He said pushing my hand back. "Any girlfriend of Carter's is a friend of mine. So lets hug"

"Oh, I'm not his girlfriend" I said shaking my head.

"Oh, well still you're his date so lets hug"

"Okay" I said hugging him.

----

An hour later I have already met his 3 friends and they were all very nice.

"Want anything to drink?" Carter asked me.

"Some punch for right now, thank you" I answered him.

He grabbed my hand and brought me with him to get it. While he got the drinks, I looked around and noticed a photographer taking photos of people having the times of their life's.

"Hey,Carter" I started.

"Yes?"

"There's a photographer taking photos of people. Want to get some pictures?" I asked him.

"Sure" He agreed.

----

For the rest of the time we talked and danced. It was actually a lot of fun and I think I'm starting to like Carter. He's funny, sweet, fun, nice, basically anything every girl would look for in a guy.

His smile could lit up your world and he's very charming. His cheekbones were in the perfect spot. He's just perfect.