Hold Up! What Do You Mean Daughter of an Alpha? (2)

It took me more than several moments to calm myself and start shooting questions.

“Why do you claim to be my father when I already have p-parents?”

“W-What happened to them?”

“W-Why…?”

Okay, so much for calming myself. I was on the brink of hyperventilating and Mr Wall was already by my side, rubbing my back so that I would calm down, but what he didn’t know was that it made my heart pound even harder.

All of the sudden, my insides felt like they were on fire and everything started spinning. My muscles were crying out in overwhelming pain.

Both Walls were by my side immediately, and Father Wall muttered something to Mr Wall before they carried me down into a hidden basement of some sort through a batman cave-like entrance.

They laid me on a flat surface, somehow like a surgical table and Father Wall held my thrashing arms down.

One of my limbs suddenly broke and my eyes were glued shut by all the pain. All I wanted to do was to get away from all that pain.

Don’t lose consciousness Amaryllis, don’t.

That half-coherent thought invaded my already chaotic mind. Just as I felt hope bubbling inside of me for the pain to subside, my arm broke into two.

Letting out a bloodcurdling scream, I felt my willpower being drained from me as every second passed and another bone of mine being broken.

“What’s happening?” I shrieked, my usual voice replaced by a raw and animalistic one. I could hear the crunching of my bones and trust me, it isn’t a nice sound.

Out of the corner of my eyes, Mr Wall was holding up a big-ass syringe filled with a creepy orange liquid in it. Being a trypanophobe – having the fear of needles – it made me more anxious and I felt my sane self distancing from my own body.

It was like being pulled away from the controls and letting someone else control my body, to put it simply, I was terrified.

What happened next didn’t bother me, because I was somewhere faraway, numb from all that pain.

The last sight I caught was both Father Wall and Mr Wall holding worry in their gazes, and no matter how much I didn’t know them, I still felt bad for causing them such trouble.

Satin silk brushed against my numb hand as I stirred.

I tried to peel my eyes open but to no avail. It felt like sandbags were weighing down on my eyelids.

"Amaryllis... Amaryllis..." A voice repeated softly. Finally, my eyelids fluttered open and the first thing my eyes landed on was a figure sleeping on a couch beside the bed I was on.

The huge bay window at one corner of the room showed that it was dark out. However, it didn't explain how the room could appear to be so bright. Damn, I got to get my eyes checked someday, I scolded myself.

Stealthily, I inched myself towards the edge of the bed although my body was wailing in pain. It could be my chance to escape!

I was a proud girl when I finally got off the bed and crawled along the side of the bed, unseen by the sleeping figure.

Just as I reached the front of the door, I screamed in shock.

The figure turned out to be Mr Wall and he was suddenly by my side, squatting down.