Epilogue

A few weeks after Karai and myself had finished the final chapter in our story, I was coping with things just fine. Karai, however, didn't seem to be handling it so well. I had heard off the streets that she had apparently run away to Japan. It seemed odd to me; Karai wasn't usually one to run from her problems - even if that problem just happens to be seeing me again.

As for Shredder, I'd heard some stories of eye-witness accounts of him apparently roaming the streets late at night in the hopes of rebuilding the Foot. I just thought they were rumours bound from horror stories to scare little kids - it certainly did the trick for Mikey.

Upon returning to the lair, I had a hard time trying to explain to my brothers what had happened with Karai and why I had bloodshot red eyes and a tear-stained face. April, as you can imagine, was the hardest to calm down. The hardest part was breaking down everything that had happened in fine detail to everyone; from the night her and I met, right up until we ended things.

So that was our story.

There were times where we laughed, and (many) times we cried. There were times of doubt, and times of optimism. There were times of danger, and times of heroic bravery. There were times when I wanted time to stop time completely and just live in that one moment for ever, and there were times I would much rather forget.

But that's love. It's full of ups and downs, and highs and lows. In my case especially, there were some major highs and some deep lows, but it always seemed to work out in the end; even if it did take me a few times before I realised what I had to do.

Like any good realistic love story, I didn't have everything laid out for me on a silver platter. I always had to try and learn from my mistakes and pick myself up when I was down. I might be a highly-trained ninja, but even the most highly-skilled of people are still learning.

The truth is, when it comes to your own story, you always need to be aware of the circumstances. Don't jump to the conclusion, because that will only spoil the happy ending. Don't overthink, because that will only make it less enjoyable.

I spent some of my most treasured memories with Karai, and even though her and I are miles apart now; I'll never forget her or anything we did together.

That was our story.

And this is where it ends.