Chapter 1: Acceptance Letter

It was a bright day outside. Not even the slightest breeze presented itself. The perfect weather to go to the beach, park, or just lazy around and hang out with friends.

Summer.

But that's not where you are.

Y/n laid in bed with her old, slightly cracked on the sides, laptop that has been with her for over 3 years. That's where she went, not to chat on any source social media, no, but instead watch anime, videos, even current news that interested her. (Not celebrity news, too much drama going on there for her to keep up on and too many words she needed to search up on the urban dictionary.)

Next to her was her favorite junk food that seem could last for days, but only minutes for her. Dress in sweatpants and a simple plain t-shirt. She rarely left her room, more like her safety room, only for the bathroom, more food, and a small chats with her aunt. She liked it this way, in her nice dark room, curtains covering the windows, very little light emerging from them.

This was her idea of summer vacation.

She was very much enjoying not having to be around boisterous people for a few days.

It was 7am, y/n has been up since 3am. Her sleeping schedule gets quite random over the summer.

Y/n was about to call it a day and expect to wake up sometime around the afternoon, as always, until there was a knock on the door.

Y/n quickly looked up. She was what some called paranoid, but she was simply cautious. Well at least that what she calls it.

"I'm coming." She said simply as she got up to open the door, but only opened it far enough to see the person's face.

"Oh hello, is there anything you need?" Y/n asked, adjusting her eyes to the the sudden light from the hall.

"There was a letter for you today!" Cady, her aunt, said in her usual cherry tone.

"Really?" The girl's e/c eye slightly open, she figured her school sent the supply list a week earlier than expected.

"Well come on, open it! It has a that rich school's name on it!" She said excitedly. It been a few weeks since y/n applied for a scholarship at Excalibur High. She wasn't going to even give it a thought if it wasn't for her aunt who persuade her and helped out on the paperwork. Y/n was a very smart student, as she has been told by teachers, but felt she wasn't enough to get into that school. There were many kids smarter, richer, better than her.

Why would they pick her?

She was well aware that the chance of her getting accepted was aiming too high.

She took the letter from her aunt and opened it expecting a, sorry to say, it is our greatest regrets to inform, you are not what we are looking for....etc.

She read it anyways, knowing her aunt was reading it as well over her shoulder. She felt guilt in knowing she would disappoint her, but it's better to just get this over with.

Dear Ms. L/n,

We are proud to say we would like you to attend Excalibur High. We truly are glad to have you as a student when the school year arrives. We expect great thing from you in our school, supplies and books are provided for you. Uniforms are mandatory (we understand you may not be able to wear the traditional uniform for financial purposes and will accept your old school's uniform as long as Excalibur High's crest sewn on.) Hope to see you on your first day.

Sincerely,
Headmistress Abigail Anderson.

To say Y/n was surprised is an understatement. She heard her aunt shriek in delight and embrace y/n in a hug that challenged a boa constrictor.

"I-I...what?" Y/n said more to herself then her aunt.

Something the size of a notepad fell out of the envelope. It was a crest with the word 'Excalibur' in gold thread.

Aunt Cady picked it up before y/n had time to comprehend what it was. "Come on, let's go get your uniform and put this bad boy on it!" She said as she held it up as if it were a gun in front of y/n face.

Y/n's aunt ran down the hall humming to herself, while y/n stood there dumbfounded.

What just happened began to dawn on her.

"Wait....I got in!?"

____________________________________

I hoped you liked it, let me know if I should continue. You'll be introduced to one of the boys soon. You'll see similarities to Ouran Highschool Host Club.

~Author