Chapter 4: Napping

After a quick introduction to the classroom and teacher, time began to pass by. The h/c haired girl slowly forgot about the blue headed, hyperactive boy that she had meet little than a while ago. Y/n has been assigned a seat in the 4th row, near the window and already submerged herself in her classwork.

Mr.Connor, the math teacher, gave his class a simple enough math problem for their grade level a while ago and 10 minutes to solve it. As Y/n double checked her work for any mistakes, she heard a barely audible snore from the seat in front of her that caught her attention. As she looked up she could see a brunette slumped in their seat, snoring faintly. Stunned, Y/n examined the sleeping individual's soft face: brown hair, somewhat pale skin that looked soft and smooth, small nose, and rosy lips. All in all, they had a gentle face an almost petite body that, at first glance, it would be easy to mistake them as a beautiful girl. But no; y/n could tell it was a he. Why? Well, Y/n just had a feeling in her gut. She could feel it. In her belly.

" Lockwood, why don't you answer this. Better than drooling on my table, come on now." Mr.Connor's voice seemed to echo loudly throughout the classroom.

The sleeping boy lazily opened his emerald eyes and looked around the class room sleepily, confounded. He suddenly jumped a bit from his seat and turn bright red.

"U-umm..." Said the male as he looked hastily around at the fellow students that stared at him, some holding back laughter. He continued mumbling, looking for an excuse, as he began to turn maroon.

Y/n didn't need to be told what was going with the male. She craned her neck and glanced at his notebook that laid before him. It wasn't even open yet! Slightly shaking her head in disapproval, she couldn't stop a small frown from appearing on her face. Even though it was non of her concern, she couldn't help but feel empathy for the male beauty.

Y/n sighed then quietly dropped the note book that was opened to the page with the formula and answer to the question. Keeping a blank expression to avoid suspicion, she gave it a small kick and watched it slide over to the male in front of her. It bumped gently on the brunette's leg, but enough for him to glance down at. Still bright red and rambling nonsense, he at first was confused, but then after further studying it he realized what it was. Not knowing where it came from or who it came from, honestly he didn't care at the moment, he picked in up silently as he stood up. Trying to calm down, he walked towards the board.

"Well Lockwood, you actually have an answer for us? That certainly is a first. Let's see if you actually got it right and have been paying attention in class for once." Said Mr.Connor in a challenging sort of tone.

Y/n already disliked this man, she could see the pleasure he was getting from terrorizing his own student.

Y/n watched anxiously as the boy held the marker in his hand and copied down the formula. When he finished writing down the answer he turned back to face Mr.Connor, expecting to see him smirk devilishly like he usually did when a student made a mistake.

Y/n's eyes shifted to Mr.Connor quickly and scrutinized his face to see any hint that could indicate whether the answer was correct or not. Y/n along with the rest of the class watched as Mr.Connor's face reveal a sneer.

"Correct. Go sit down, don't just stand there! Anyone can answer this, don't think you deserve much praise. Ah, I'm expecting you to continue like this in my class for now on." The professor spoke trying to mask his shock.

The brunette hurried to his seat, noting down to thank whoever the owner of the notebook was and return it.

That was the first time he answered correctly with no help from the old math professor.