3 - Ninjas in Magnolia

Three days have passed since Wendy had returned from a mission on her own.

Three days have passed since the celebration of Wendy's return occurred.

Three days have passed since Wendy bled and fainted in Gajeel's arms.

Three days have passed and Wendy was still sleeping in bed.

"Wendy... I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you," Carla said as she snuggled up next to the Sky Dragon Slayer.

Makarov, Erza and Lucy were there as well, keeping watch over Wendy just in case she opened her eyes again. Wendy had been asleep in bed for three days, her wound wrapped in thick bandages. Her wound bled every now and then but so far she seemed fine.

"I hope she wakes up soon..." Lucy mumbled against her hand, keeping herself from crying.

"What exactly happened three days ago?" Makarov asked Erza. "I wasn't there the whole time."

Erza crossed her arms and closed her eyes. "Lucy mentioned that Wendy went back home with Carla then returned some time later. I have Wendy some cake and saw her sitting next to Levy as she ate it. When Gajeel called out to her, Wendy just dropped to the ground and was already bleeding. We're not really sure why."

Makarov carefully listened to what Erza had to say before turning to the white cat sitting next to Wendy. "Carla... did something happen when Wendy was on the mission?" he asked.

Carla sighed softly and crossed her arms again. Lucy could see that Carla had been crying too.

"Wendy was attacked by the enemy during our mission." Carla said.

Both Erza and Lucy leaned forward. "Who was the enemy, Carla?" Erza asked.

"We didn't know there was going to be an enemy," Carla told them. "The mission was simple. Wendy and I were to help these people from another town. We didn't know that the town actually needed help in defeating this huge serpent that often attacked the town."

Lucy started to cry again in Erza's arms.

"And then?" Erza questioned.

"Well, Wendy said she'd defeat it for them. But it was too challenging. Yes, Wendy is a dragon slayer but she has weaknesses. The serpent was way too strong."

"Did Wendy defeat the serpent in the end?" Makarov asked.

"Yes," Carla nodded. "But she was hurt pretty bad. The serpent attacked her, hence the rather large wound. I'm pretty sure it's poisonous, but Wendy kept insisting that she's alright."

Lucy sniffled and rubbed her eyes. "Oh Wendy... you silly, strong girl, you..."

"Wait, if it's poisonous, then Wendy could be in trouble!" Erza exclaimed, slamming her hands against the bed so hard it shook. "Master! Is there something we can do?"

Makarov inhaled deeply, his arms crossing. "We're not really sure if it's poisonous, but..."

"It's poisonous," Lucy blurted out and went closer to Wendy. She lifted the dragon' slayer's shirt to reveal her bandaged wound. But it wasn't the bandage that caught their eye. Surrounding the bandage, Wendy's fair skin became purple by just a little bit.

Makarov and Erza gasped in horror and Carla immediately pulled Wendy's shirt back down.

"We have to help her, Master," Erza declared. "Wendy has healing powers, right? Can she heal herself?"

"I'm not really sure, but I agree that she needs help," Makarov said.

"What do we do, Master?" Erza desperately asked.