10 - Worried

Konohamaru was very worried. 

Tsunade had returned Wendy to him, but she was unconscious, and he didn't know exactly what happened. He didn't know what they were doing that she passed out but what matters to Konohamaru is for Wendy to wake up and ensure him that she is doing just fine. As for what happened, he decided to ask Tsunade some other time. Right now he needed to make sure Wendy was fine. 

He managed to take her back home and had carefully laid her on his bed. He placed the blanket on her since her body was a bit cold, and made sure she was comfortable enough. Konohamaru gently sat down beside Wendy and watched her as she slept, wanting her to open those eyes and use that gentle voice of hers. 

Then as if she could read people's minds, Wendy did open her eyes slowly, and stared at the ceiling. Her mouth slightly parted to let out a breath, before her head adjusted to look around. 

"Wendy...?" whispered Konohamaru, moving in a bit closer to see her better. 

Wendy's eyes focused on Konohamaru. "I'm... back at your house now...?" she asked, a little confused. "What happened?" She tried sitting up on the bed. 

Konohamaru shook his head and gently laid her back down, pulling the blanket back up to her. "Stay there, Wendy. You need to rest yourself. You look tired." 

"But... what happened to me?" asked Wendy, her eyes filled with confusion.

Konohamaru sighed softly and placed a hand on her head, smoothing her blue hair. "Wendy, I should be the one asking you that. You passed out in there."

Wendy's eyes slightly widened and she placed a hand on her head. "I did...?" 

Konohamaru nodded. "Lady Tsunade called for me, and there you were, out cold in her room."

"In her room?"

He nodded once more. "Yes. You've been there the whole time, right?"

Wendy was about to say the opposite but then she remembered that only her and Tsunade have been in the room where Dan was in, and she figured that it must have been a secret. "Yes, I was..." lied Wendy.

The ninja sighed softly and removed his hand from her head. "How are you feeling? You looked pretty tired earlier." 

"I'm fine, Kono-kun," replied Wendy, trying to assure him with a smile.

"So... what is it that happened? Why did you pass out?"

And that was when she panicked. She didn't know what answer would be appropriate, and she didn't know if telling the truth was a good idea, especially if Tsunade kept the situation with Dan a secret. Wendy searched for the right answer in her mind. Her quick silence made Konohamaru suspect a little.

"I-I... I was there... in her room, yes. And... you r-remember I also passed out the other day...? Well, I think the same thing happened again today, but don't worry, I'm not infected anymore." said Wendy, her eyes not meeting his. Konohamaru could feel that she wasn't telling the truth but he did not want to stress her out.

He sighed once again and forced a smile. "Wendy, look out for yourself, alright? You just got better. You wouldn't want to risk getting sick again. Stay here, I'll go make you something to eat to help make you feel better."

Wendy nodded her head, and Konohamaru left the room, leaving her there nervous and weak a little.

Once Konohamaru was in the kitchen, he leaned against the wall and sighed softly again, closing his eyes, letting the sadness invade him. "Wendy... I can see it in your eyes that you're lying to me... Do you not trust me anymore? Either way, I will get you back home. It's a promise."