9 - Get To Work

Knock, knock, knock.

"Coming, coming." Konohamaru rushed to the front door, opening it to see who was outside. "A-Ah, Neji-san, Big Brother Naruto!"

"Yo!" Naruto grinned. 

"Good morning," Neji greeted with no enthusiasm. "Can we come in?"

"Sure." Konohamaru grinned as well and held the door open for them. 

Naruto and Neji then took off their sandals and stepped inside. "How is Wendy holding up?" Neji asked as he and Naruto approached the living room to have a seat.

"Oh, she's doing fine by now," Konohamaru replied. 

It had been about a week till Wendy was completely healed. Her wound and bandages were gone, and her purple spots didn't return again. She did gain a little bit of weight, but Konohamaru thought it was good. 

"Is she ready to see Lady Tsunade?" Naruto asked, leaning back against the couch with his hands at the back of his head. 

Konohamaru nodded. "Yes. Good thing Lady Tsunade was willing to wait for her," he said. 

"Good. Well, we came over because we thought the three of us could escort her there," Neji explained, a smirk soon appearing on his lips. 

"Huh? I could do it myself, you two didn't have to go through the trouble--" 

"Aw, come on, you just want her to yourself!" Naruto exclaimed, laughing and pointing at Konohamaru. 

"What?! No, I...!"

"Kono-kun...?"

"'Kono-kun'?" Naruto and Neji's head turned in the direction of Wendy, who was standing there with her hair up in pigtails. A sweet smell wafted from her and it made Konohamaru feel warm and blushy again. 

"Ah, Wendy... Are you all ready now?" Konohamaru asked, approaching her. 

"Yes, I am, but... What are they doing here?" asked Wendy, avoiding eye contact with Neji. 

"Oh, uh... you remember them, right? They just, um... they just wanted to come with us in seeing Lady Tsunade. 

"Hi, Wendy!" Naruto greeted, a grin on his face, and Wendy awkwardly waved her hand. 

Neji then stood up and stepped closer to Wendy, who hid behind Konohamaru, peeking out from his shoulder. 

"Wendy, would you listen to me?" Neji began. "I'm... I'm very sorry about what happened. About what we did back there, before we took you with us. I know it must've left you devastated, but... we were just doing our jobs, and we're very sorry that we put our jobs first rather than other people. We're very sorry." 

"Wendy...?" Konohamaru turned his head to look at Wendy, who was looking straight at Neji. Probably deciding if she should forgive him or not. 

"I... I don't like it when someone hurts my friends," Wendy started to say. "I saw the way you hurt them, the way you showed no mercy to them. And it makes me very angry.

"But... since I was raised to be good, I will forgive you. I'll forgive you because you asked for my forgiveness, unlike everyone else who just hurts my friends then run away." Wendy smiled at Neji and walked away from behind Konohamaru. "You're forgiven, the both of you," she said, smiling at Naruto as well. 

"Alright!" Naruto happily thrust his fist into the air and started laughing and approaching them. "Group hug!" He then slammed himself into the three of them, crashing onto the floor, and only Naruto was laughing. Neji was muttering complaints as he picked himself up, although Naruto's laughter died down as they saw Konohamaru being on top of Wendy, who had her eyes closed.