15 - Goodness (part 1)

[A/N: I know it took forever for me to publish the next chapter but I finally will! I'm so sorry for the long wait. Senior High was stressful and life hasn't really been nice to me, lol.

Thank you so much for supporting, reading, voting and for the patience, readers! The story has a few more chapters left, so please stick around.

Thank you! Love lots~ :A/N]

"I caused this. I have to do what's right."

Konohamaru couldn't believe it when he saw Wendy walking away from him and being stuck underneath a huge chunk of rock, he could not do anything to stop her. He had a feeling that Wendy will end this herself, once and for all but he didn't want her to. He was too worried and didn't want her hurt and going through the same pain ever again.

But he could not do anything and it wasn't long before Wendy was gone.

Wendy didn't know what she was doing either. Only one thing was on her mind and it was to put an end to what she had started. She did this. She believed she did this. And she had to put a stop to it. She didn't want anyone suffering because of her anymore. She didn't want any suffering to happen. These people in the village she had stayed in were very nice people and Wendy did not want any harm to come to them.

But she herself brought the harm to them. And so she decided she will defeat her old rival all over again, the very same way she did back then.

-- Flashback --

Agatha means "good", and Wendy thought that the name suited the village well. Everything was good. The surroundings, the buildings, and most especially the people. Wendy felt a warm feeling the moment she stepped inside the village with Carla flying by her side.

"Welcome to Agatha, where goodness will always come to you!" greeted one of the villagers upon seeing Wendy walk through the streets.

Wendy immediately responded with one of her respectful smiles. "Th-Thank you, mister!"

"Please try this! It's one of Agatha's specialties: goodberry biscuits!" Wendy was then showed a basket filled with golden brown biscuits decorates with pinkish red spots. It looked so good to her so she graciously picked one and took a small bite.

"It's really good!" exclaimed Wendy.

"Everything is good here, young miss!"

Carla had to interrupt the good talking. "Excuse me, sir, but we're in the middle of a mission here. It's important that we complete it immediately for us to get back home safely."

"Now, now, Carla..."

Carla ignored the Dragon Slayer. "I'm pretty sure you asked for someone with healing abilities. Well, here she is."

The villager froze in his spot and stared intently at Wendy. Then for some reason, he had an apologetic look on his face though Wendy did not seem to notice.

"That's her, eh?" said the villager. "Well, alright. Please do call me Dolfo and I'm sorry if I have wasted your good time. Please, follow me." He then turned around and Wendy and Carla exchanged glances before proceeding to follow him wherever he was going.

Sure, the village was good like its name but what Wendy saw was the complete opposite. Dolfo had taken them to a small building that looked like some sort of orphanage. Wendy expected to see children playing or running around but it wasn't.

Lots of beds were lined up along the room. Mats were on the floor as well and on each bed and mat laid a sick looking person.

When Wendy had a better look, she noticed that they had all one thing in common: purple spots on different body parts.