8 - It's Going To Be Okay

"Remind me why we didn't bring an umbrella again?" Lucy asked, her arms wrapped around herself she was getting soaked in the rain.

"Well, who would've thought we were going to pass through this place?" Natsu asked, his scarf wrapped around his head.

Gray groaned softly. "You sure this isn't the place where Juvia lives?"

"What're you talking about?" Erza asked the three.

"Whoa! Where'd you get that?!" Gray yelled out, pointing at the umbrella Erza was holding to keep herself from getting soaked by the rain.

"No fair!" Lucy whined. "My clothes are getting wet."

Amegakure. The Village Hidden in the Rain. That was where these Fairy Tail members happened to pass by. And since the rain was barely stopping, all five of them were soaked.

"Carla, I can keep you warm if you want," offered Happy, his hopes getting high.

"Natsu. Maybe we should settle here for now. We've travelled for a while," Carla suggested, ignoring Happy completely.

Lucy nodded her head and wrapped her arms in Natsu's muscular one. "She's right, Natsu. Can we? I'm kind of tired," she said softly.

Natsu nodded and brought Lucy closer. "Hey, Erza. Next time, share your things with us!"

"And next time, bring all the things you might need!" Erza shot back.

"Everyone! I can see an inn not far from here. Maybe we can stay there," said Carla, flying ahead of the group with Happy right behind her.

The other four followed the two flying cats, wherever they were going till they reached a small building. Other than a light coming from one of the windows, it was completely dark.

Erza was the first to step inside. The wooden floor creaked at the weight of her armor. As soon as the others were gathered inside, an old woman stepped out.

"Can I help you?" the old woman asked.

"Yes, madam," replied Erza. "We're not really from around these places, but we're wondering if there is a room available in here?"

"Why, of course. There are a lot of rooms here. It wouldn't cost you much, as long as you keep it clean," the old woman said with a smile.

Erza smiled as well. "Thank you."

The old woman took a look at the rest of the group, and clasped her hands together. "I have also many spare clothes in here. They all belonged to my children, but I'm sure it wouldn't be bad if you young people will borrow it for a while."

"Th-Thank you," Lucy whispered, shivering in Natsu's arm.

"This way, my dears." The old lady walked along the hallway, with Fairy Tail behind her.

---

Soon, the group was all warm and comfortable, especially from the fire that Natsu created.

Natsu and Gray were already fast asleep on the floor, Erza was taking a bath, and Lucy was already getting dressed in the clothes the old woman had provided.

"At least she was nice enough," Lucy said to herself softly.

"Carla, please get back. It's raining hard, you might get sick."

Hearing Happy's voice from outside made Lucy look out the window. There, she saw the too cats, standing in the rain. Happy was tugging onto Carla, who was crying.

"Let go, Happy!" Carla sobbed. "What's the point of being alright if we're not even sure if Wendy IS alright?!"

Despite all her sobs and stubborness, Happy didn't give up in trying to make Carla come back inside. Until Happy himself sobbed too.