13 - The Last Time To Heal

[A/N: Hello! I am back, and it's only now that I found time to continue. I kind of forgot what the next events would be but I managed to remember. Thank you for waiting, my readers! I really do appreciate it. The story is almost done, by the way! Thank you so much once again! :A/N] 

Fairy Tail was lucky to have Tsunade's permission to stay in an inn located in the village until Wendy was free to go. Often they would ask Tsunade when was Wendy free to go, but the Hokage gave them the same answer: she didn't know. And just like Konohamaru, they had no idea what Wendy was doing, and Wendy herself always kept quiet about it.

After all, it was a secret until Dan recovers. Tsunade trusted the dragon slayer enough, and she could feel that the awakening of Dan was near.

One morning, Konohamaru went to the place where the group was temporarily staying. Tsunade needed Wendy, and he was there to pick her up, maybe get breakfast too since it had been a while since they ate together.

Erza was the one who answered his knocks. Konohamaru was relieved that Erza and the rest seemed to trust him already with Wendy, and he was pretty sure that his feelings for Wendy were completely obvious to them.

"Hello, boy," greeted Erza, armor and all. "Here to pick Wendy up again?"

Konohamaru nodded his head. "Yup. Is she ready?"

Erza held the door open and stepped aside. "She's still getting dressed, but come on in."

Konohamaru took his sandals off and entered the small room. In it, he saw Gray shirtless sprawled out sleeping on the floor with Natsu. Happy and Carla were outside, according to Erza.

But what caught his attention was Lucy sitting on the bed, doing Wendy's long blue hair. She was in the middle of braiding those long blue strands when Erza cleared her throat. Both celestial mage and dragon slayer turned their heads.

"Hey there!" Lucy greeted cheerfully.

"Hi, Kono-kun," said Wendy with a smile. "This'll just be a second. She insisted."

"Oh no, it's alright. I can wait. You look nice in those braids anyway," said Konohamaru, smiling and blushing and looking away.

Lucy giggled and moved her attention back to Wendy's hair.

Erza decided to talk to him. "So... Still not allowed to tell what Wendy's been up to with the lady?" she asked, armored arms crossed.

Konohamaru shook his head. "I don't even know what it is."

"Hm... I'd really love to know for myself, but as a visitor here in your village, I respect your leader's wishes. We just hope Wendy can come back home sooner. Everyone misses her."

"Especially Master," added Lucy as she was tying a small, red ribbon at the end of Wendy's braid that went down her back. Konohamaru thought she looked extremely elegant in such a fashionable style of hair. 

He cleared his throat and Wendy stood up, smoothing out her clothes. "Thank you for doing my hair, Lucy. I'll be leaving now, and I'll be back soon!" She skipped towards Konohamaru, took his arm and gave everyone another smile. 

"Be safe, Wendy!" Lucy called out.

Wendy nodded her head and walked out the door with Konohamaru, Erza trailing behind them. 

"Take care of her," said Erza firmly to the younger ninja.

"I always will," assured Konohamaru and placed his hand on Wendy's slender back, her blue braid brushing against his hand. "Let's go, Wendy."