Burst 3 { Replacement }

"Do you need help with that?" a girl giggled as she saw him struggling gathering the stash for his investigation. Through the little gaps of his arms, fully occupied by different flavours of noodles, he could notice a girl he vaguely recognised. She had big brown eyes, a small nose and thin lips. Her raven black hairs reached just over her shoulders so they could offer her a scarce scarf of warmth.

He immediately accepted her offer, feeling happy that there was someone willing to help him reach his little dream. She giggled again, hiding her mouth behind her hand.

"You aren't about to taste all those flavours together, are you?" she asked confused, as if it was that weird of an idea to try. Taehyung stood still, feeling cornered because that was exactly what he was thinking of doing. "That's a very bad idea. I already tried that before, but the taste was just... horrible."

He could see the cups one by one disappearing out of his embrace, giving him more and more eyesight to who this mysterious girl was. He frowned in question to what she was doing, taking away all of his food.

"It's better if you mix these two flavours together", she said as she held up a brown cup and a green one. "They will take you to heaven, believe me. You won't regret it."

She gave him a big and cute smile, making him remember her slightly, but it was still too unclear to him. He accepted her advice and looked at the flavours he was holding.

"I see you don't remember me", she smiled with a sad frown. Taehyung looked up at her, finally receiving confirmation he actually should know her from somewhere. Though he didn't know from where, he was sure she was going to explain. "I'm Gaeul. I sit next to you in class." Instantly he remembered her.

"Ah! You're the girl always staring at me!"

"Oh... you noticed?" she asked embarrassed as she scratched her forehead. "I'm sorry if you felt uncomfortable."

"I just wondered if there was something on my face", he answered.

She looked at the ground for a minute to think. "Handsomeness."

"Wh-What?"

"Handsomeness", she smiled brightly. "That's what's on your face."

"Oh really? Th-Thank you." Taehyung didn't know very well what the right manner was to answering these kinds of compliments. He never heard of this before except from his parents, so it was a bit satisfying hearing it out of a girl's mouth.

"Do you always stop by at this store?" she asked curiously as they walked to the till and payed for their products. "I never saw you here around before."

"Actually... I'm a bit lost", he smiled sheepishly, enchanting her with his rectangle smile.

"L-Lost? Where are you going then?"

"Home", he laughed, slowly really feeling like the idiot his friends always called him he was.