Broken { Turned Tables }

Taehyung:
I failed.

Taehyung silently walked out of _______'s house. He tried to blink the blur out of his eyes so he could type properly.

Jimin:
Not yet. Go after her.

Taehyung:
But she ran away from me.

Jimin:
She's on her way to the park.

Taehyung:
How do you know? Are you following her?

Jimin:
No, I know because she always goes there when she's feeling pained.

Taehyung stared at the sentence Jimin sent him. He had always been surprised how well Jimin knew her. Because of that, Taehyung felt like he wasn't exactly worth to receive her love. He felt like Jimin was more of the rightful guy for her. There was a burning feeling, the flames eating his insides. Although he realised this, he couldn't possibly give her up. That feeling didn't stop the guilty emotion though.

Taehyung:
You really love her too, right?

Jimin:
Do you know why she always goes to the park?

It's the place where we met and promised our friendship in eternity. It's the place where she fell in love with you.

Taehyung's heart jumped out of his chest. He never heard of this before.

Knowing that she still goes to the park when feeling sad, as to receive consolation from you in the form of her memories, makes me realise that there would never be a chance for me.

Taehyung:
I'm sorry.

With a sigh, Jimin dropped his phone on his bed, not caring to answer him.

"Don't say sorry", he chuckles lifelessly, the sentence meant for Taehyung who couldn't have possibly heard him. "It gives me an even bigger burden."

He crumpled himself up, forming a little ball as he stared at the picture of the three friends together, playing childishly in the water.

As Jimin released a hot tear, Taehyung felt a cold raindrop fall on his cheek. He didn't care to wipe it away. He ran for the park, searching through all the different trees for a possible girl that could have hid herself behind one of them.

Finally he saw a recognisable girl in the distance, pressing her lips onto the ring around her finger. He took a boost and when he was standing a few yards away from her, he spoke up with a smile.

"The fact you're still wearing that ring must be a sign you're still hoping for something."

She was shocked to suddenly see Taehyung standing next to her. She wanted to go for a run, but Taehyung grasped her arm just in time.

"Don't run from me. You can run when the time has come, but not now. You don't have any reason to avoid me if you've already got the option to stay with me", Taehyung said and pulled her into a hug. Her cries muffled inside his shirt. He felt her hands fisting the fabric on his back. The shudders covered her body together with the rain.

"Then when I should leave, can you let me go then?"

"I won't ever let you go", he whispered.

"Let me go", she urged and released his shirt to push him off her. "Let me go if you don't want to be hurt."

"If the hurt reminds me of you, then it doesn't matter to me. Every memory about you is worth it."

"Stop it", she cried. Her mouth stretched out, breaking her dry lips. She tried to struggle out of his embrace, but he didn't let go yet.

"I wished", he said and then pressed his lips against her into a kiss. The skydrops clattered harshly on the ground and splashed onto their shoulders, trying to break the two apart, but it couldn't possibly reach between them.

She cried against his mouth, her warm tears adding a salty taste to the sweet kiss they both longed for. Eventually she broke herself out, threw the ring he gave her at him and ran away. She couldn't keep up with the bulk of feelings.

"Why are you running away?" Taehyung screamed with his heavy voice. She didn't know all too well why she was running away. Her legs started to tremble and her energy was sinking in the rain.

She ignored him and kept on fleeing for as long as she could hold on. She wiped the rivers out of her face, not knowing anymore if they were tears or rain. She didn't pay attention to what was around her. The only thing she cared for was forgetting.

"I'll follow you wherever you go!" he huffed, his feet splashing in the pools. "I won't ever lose sight of you! Even through death, we would continue living!"

My lugs started to burn, reaching my heart to provide a heating for my insides, contrasting to the outside coolness.

"Please just list—"

An immense honk hurt her ears. The next noise that coursed through the street was too great which made her hearing ability to shut down. She felt an incredible wind passing behind her back and when she saw the shocked faces of the people in front of her, she turned around just to see that Taehyung had been carried away by the huge car, a few pieces left behind from the voyage.

A golden ring rolled over until it bumped against the tip of her shoe. As she picked it up with shivering hands, she wiped the red fluid away to read his personal message. Her hand fisted around her present while she screamed her cries out.

I'll be there soon.