Chapter Four

●●●

“If you want to be happy, be.”

●●●

Axel

Iris turned the key in the keyhole before opening up the door wide. I followed her inside and waited for her to collect her mail from her mailbox. Her eye brows furrowed while paying attention and she bit the corner of her lower lip. It was the most interesting sight I had ever seen. Quickly enough though, her head snapped towards me and she quickly looked away, as if she was the one who had been caught staring. A small smile formed on my lips when I saw her cheeks turning pale pink.

She was just too cute for her own good.

I examined the inside of the bulding now. The walls were painted olive green and it was a small area of what would be known as lobby, where we were standing at the moment. Cinnamon led me up to the stairs that were eerily quiet and dark. I realized her apartment is on the third floor and there was no elevator to the building. She turned the knob of her own apartment door and slipped inside quitely; I mimicked her actions. The lights turned on as she started sliding off her coat and hanged it on the stand.

"You can, uh, hang your coat over here." She was fiddling with herself, gesturing with her slender fingers. "That is, if you like."

I grinned mischeviously. "Just the coat?"

Her gazed advanced towards mine and she glared at me before turning away. Her house seemed like it was recently white washed. Everything was tidily placed where it was supposed to be and even though the house was very small for my liking, it was airy and spacious.

There were not any couches to sit on, which really alarmed me but I did not comment. When I neatly placed my jacket on the stand, she came besides me again. I noticed her hair were up in a ponytail now, even prettier.

"You can use the bathroom if you feel like, it's right behind you," her finger pointed besides me and I noticed a door at the end of a halway. "What should I order for dinner?"

Me. I bit my tongue to refrain myself from saying it. Even if it was meant to be a joke, it would still scare her.

"Um, you could try Indian?" I suggested, her head tilted to one side as she started pondering over it.

"I've never had it."

"There is this place which serves the most exotic indian food around here."

"Oh okay, I guess I can try it today."

"I have the number."

"Yeah sure, gimme that." She walked over to the kitchen shelf and carried back her phone with her. I had already opened the contact of the place by the time she returned.

She gave her phone to me. I gently put my hand on hers and pushed it back. She was more shock at the contact than what I had actually done.

"Its ringing, I'll just use the bathroom real quick and return." I put my own cell phone on her hand and disappeared into the darkness of her hallway into the small bathroom.

When I got out to the living room again, Iris was in different clothes than before. Damn, how fast can she undress? I shook my head to exclude the addictive thoughts of her undressing out of my mind. She looked beautiful. For the first time in my life, I laid my eyes on a girl without makeup, without clevage, without short skirts, without any damn skin showing except for her face and arms; and she looked fucking beautiful.