Chapter Twenty-One

●●●

What they don't tell you is that: hate is equally as much to give, as is love. So choose wisely.

●●●

Iris

Monday morning and the first day after the holidays was really eventful. Well it started out as nothing but monotonous. However, somewhere in the middle, I saw a fight in the main parking lot. It really wasn't a fight until I crossed their path. The fight started out there and then.

All I could see from a glance were one of Axel's friend that I could not recognize, straddling someone against the bonnet of a car. No matter how much did I try to walk away, their profanities and the sound of knuckles colliding and fists attacking made me stop in my tracks and turn around.

What the hell was I doing?

I wasn't really sure. But it couldn't hurt to try to save someone's life.

"Hey cut it out!" I dropped my bag on the ground and trudged near to them, still unsure on how I would stop it. "I'll call the authorities, let it go! You're hurting him!"

"Get the fuck away from here." Axel's friend snapped at me, still intent on breaking the other guy's face. It was a second before his eyes shot back at me again. "What are you doing here?"

"This happens to be a college parking lot. What are you doing here?"

He was about to answer before the guy who was being straddled punched him really hard. The tables were turned and I could see the victim, now the assailant, clearly. He was evidently as built as the other. If it was possible, this guys looked more buff and stronger. It was hard to decipher why wasn't he fighting back before?

"Thanks, beautiful." He shot me a pain-stricken smile before carrying on with his kicks and punches.

Adrenaline rushed through me as I jumped on the guy's back and started pulling at his hair, screaming at the top of my lungs. That would surely get everyone's attention so I wouldn't have to deal with this alone. Axel's friend lay limp on the ground but the other guy was still in full energy. His brown locks inside my fist were soft but that was the only thing soft on his body. He seemed rock hard under his shirt.

"Iris, stop it!" He spoke again, freezing my motions in place. He took the advantage of it to shrug me off his back as he turned around. His blue eyes were ablaze with anger and his nose was slightly bleeding.

"H-how do you...k-know me?"

He clicked his tongue, turning around to kick Axel's friend in the face again with his feet. I cried out in horror, dropping on my knees as I acted out like a shield between them.

"The faggot deserves it."

"He's unconscious!" I cried out, looking around for help. It was no use, no one was around except for the assailant.

With whimpering fingers and blood-stained hands, I took out my phone only to have it was snatched from my fingers.

"Give me back my fucking phone!" I demanded from the blue-eyed reptile. "We need to call someone, he's bleeding buckets!"

"No darling, we need to let him be and you need to come with me."

"What?" My head was hurting from everything now. "Please give me back my phone, let me call my fiancè at least. That's his friend, he can come help!"

He pointed at the person in my arms. "Oh that's not Axel?"

"What the fuck is wrong with you? How do you know everyone? Who are you?"