Chapter Three

●●●

True love always makes a man better, no matter what woman inspires it.

●●●

A/N:
A very improtany MUST READ AUTHOR'S NOTE before you proceed to the chapter.

I have gotten comments on differing betweem Axel's and Iris' POVs. So I want you to know that I tried, I DID try and see where I could make exceptions but I could not find any way to do so.

If you have any suggestions om HOW and WHERE I can improve on Axel's pov then please lemme know.

Also check out chapter 10 and 13 for Axel's pov and then tell me if I have improved or not.

You will also find out that it's somewhat Axel's nature if you keep reading the story :)

Thankyou for your time! You may proceed now xoxo

Iris

The rest of my evening and night went preparing my assignment notes and having an affair with insomnia. By dawn, I was able to complete it and have some sleep before waking up at 7 am to cook breakfast for Dad.

When I got to my Dad's room to wake him up, he was already awake, staring into eternity. I realized that Mona's words were keeping him awake. To be able to look at a woman you love, look back at you with such despise and hatred; is a pitiful thing. My father had always loved her. I think some part of him still yearns for her. All my mother ever saw in him was his wealth and money. My father was a successful millionaire when my parents married and had me. The real reason my mother gave birth to me was because my father had a tradition of passing down the family wealth to their heirs.

My mother was sure that when I would be born, my Dad would transfer his power to me. When I was eighteen years old, he did. After a year, my mother made me sign a couple of documents and the whole power shifted to her. I was naive back then, family love blinded me. It was my own mother. How could I ever doubt her of such a thing?

She had waited twenty years of her life to be this successful. My Dad backed down without a fight. The little money he had in his reserve account was spent on my college tutions. Being a star student had its perks with the scholarships. The rest of the money went on his medical. Now I work at a restaurant as a chef on weekends.

I used to live a lavish and good-to-go lifestyle. It all changed before I could even blink and I did not even have time to adjust in my new life before it pushed me to the edges of sorrows and responsibilities.

However, this was something I was proud of. My father was my family, my world and my every bit of happiness. What more did I need?

A soft knock on the door pulled him out of his trance as I smiled at him. He put his hand out to reach out to me and my feet started moving on their own accord towards him.

I lied down on the bed besides him, content in his presence with me.

"So what are you going to do?"

"Is that why you were awake? You should have slept, I wanted to hear more about camel." I felt the rise and fall of his chest as he laughed silently. It meant the world to me.

"I now know why I saw camel. That guy walks like he has a hump on his back."

"Have you ever met him before?" I asked, plopping myself on my elbows to look at him. It was hard to ignore the mere sign he sent me that I might end up marrying him anyway.