Chapter T2e0nty-1

QUICK! I need a theme song for this chapter!

I know it took me awhile to upload this because I changed it so many times that it was a trial and error for my part. I want it to be wonderfully fitting the story.

So, let me know what you think.

Facebook external link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just a slight warning, you may be really happy towards the end part but also heartbroken.

T2e0nty-1

*Natalie*

Today is August twentieth; I’m officially twenty-four. It’s been a week since I arrived at my brother - Nick’s Hungarian manor. It’s been four weeks since I took my relationship with Spencer to the next level. We have been officially a couple since then and things are quite steady.

Four weeks ago, I was also outraged at my own devil of a mother because she chose a different life over her family in the name of love. My rage has dimmed relatively but it’s still there. Just for appearances’ sake, she is going to be at my party. If I had it my way, she wouldn’t be invited at all. But I didn’t organize my own party, my brothers did.

It’s also been four weeks ago since I’ve seen Kyle. I didn’t know that I missed him until I saw him at my own party. Since the day I walked out of my mother’s apartment in Amsterdam, I left a note for Kyle to give me space. He has tried contacting me via phone calls, text messages, emails and even the occasional visits to my apartment or my family’s villas. I’ve also received third degree knowledge of his whereabouts through his sister and my brother. It was quite a chore to avoid him but I was successful nonetheless.

They don’t understand why I was avoiding him. Now, I got no reason to actually avoid him; it’s just silly really why my brain suddenly imbedded in my head that I have more than just friendly feelings for him.

When I had finally accepted within me that I do have or had physical attraction towards the idiot, I came to terms that it was just a lusty move for my delusional brain. After all, I was freaking horny the whole time I was with him.

My girlfriends from Europe and back home arrived in Budapest a couple days ago. Good thing Nick dedicated a wing inside the manor just for us girls. They all asked me what color would be my dress for the party so that none of them would wear the same. I showed them that my dress is strapless purple chiffon with the skirt in layers cut in different angles - something like what a classy fairy would wear.

They gushed on how beautiful it is and it definitely screams that it’s totally made me - Classy yet untameable as Carm had described me. I’m not used to all of the compliments that I received from my friends. The birthday bash started early because not only is it my birthday but it is also Budapest’s biggest party of the year.

It’s St. Stephen’s day, he is the first king of Hungary and also he’s one of the most celebrated person who ever ruled Hungary because of the things that he did back in his ruling days. He expanded Hungary and broadly established Christianity in the region. As a result, he - along with his son and a bishop - is technically the founder of the Kingdom of Hungary. He didn’t become a saint until a few years after his death but he might as well have been.

Hence, the August 20th celebration of their founder, it is one of the most important Hungarian National Holiday in the country. Besides, isn’t any founder’s day important anyway? I suppose they are. Without the people who discover a country that country remains undiscovered; when something is unknown, people tend to be scared and uncivilized. I wonder if I’ll ever discover some unclaimed land with people already living in it.