DemiGod? Yes. Badass? Maybe. Popular? Of Course Not. Chapter 1

Hale

Hale sat bored out of his mind in his room.

His girlfriend was spending the day with her friends, and he really didnt know what to do, considering majority of his buds were out of town for the 3 day weekend. Why people decide to try and push a 3 day vacation? He had no fleeping clue, but somehow his friends managed.

He leaned up against the wall, just as his dad opened his door. "Boy get up and make yourself useful. Go mow the yard, please. We'll give you 20$ for front, and another 20$ for back. Deal?" Hale tried his hardest not to glare at his dad. He was a jerk at times, honestly, but what were you going to do?

"Yes sir." He said ever so respectfully to his step-dad. His step dad smiled at him, and nodded.

"Mowers out front. Get started early so it doesnt get dark on you please?"

Hale just nodded, and his step-father got the signal, and left the room shutting his door. With a long drawn out sigh, probably a little over-done, but hey nobody could hear him in his man-cave so what did it matter? What were- oh right, Hale got up and walked to his closet, changing into a pair of swim trunks. He walked out the door, of course grabbing his ipod off of his dresser on the way out, his hand meeting the smooth cool texture of a jagged piece of bluish, green rock. Hales expression dimmed imediately. The rock seemed to turn warm in his hand, causing a seering pain to jolt up his arm, making Hale drop the rock right on his big toe.

"MOTHER-" Hale cut off as his mom gave him a stern look from the room across the hall, and smiled, laughing nervously. "Sorry mom.." He muttered. She smiled and rolled her eyes at him. Hale loved his mom. She was the only well...true true family he had. I mean sure, he had Phil, and Jen, and Jd, but they were step siblings, and a step-father. It wasnt the same.

His mother had told him many a'times that his dad had disappeared in a plane accident, trying to send gear over to Afghanistan for the war effort. Hale had cried about this many times, and to be honest, just the thought of the man he thought to be his dad, ripped his heart out. He hadnt even gotten to meet his own father. He'd left him, and his mother alone before he was even born. Hale couldnt help the resentment he felt towards the man, he didnt know. Perhaps it was because his mother would say nothing about him, or because he'd been made fun of for not having a dad, or just for never having a male figure to look up to. Whatever the case, Hale hated the man.

Hale looked down at his already bruising toe, and glared at the rock on the floor, picking it up, opening his window, and tossing the rock as far as he could, until he heard a satisfying CLUNK, and SNAP, somewhere in the deeply wooded area behind his house. Hale finally continued out the door, plugging his ipod into his ears, before starting up the lawn mower, and getting to work. After finishing the backyard with ease, due to much practice because well...Phil was lazier than his Cat....and that was saying something because his cat slept ALL DAY. He was surprised his dad wasn't as "Fluffly" as the sleepy feline.

As he pushed the mower into the front lawn Party Rock Anthem blasted over his speaker, he grinned and turned the volume up, and started rocking out. 'PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSEE TONIGHT! EVERYBODY JUST HAVEA GOOD TIME!' Hale sung along to the song, using a stick he picked up off the ground as a mic, 'AND WE GON'  MAKE YOU LOOSE YO MIND, WE JUST WANNA SEE YA...SHAKE THAT'. Being the loser he was, hale shook his ass at the 'shake that' part, and started moon walking the mower across the yard, "EVERY DAY IM SHUFFULIN" Hale yelled at the sky, shuffling, and pulling a few moves in his spot, jamming out to the song with a huge grin, before jerking backwards, smoothly across the grass until he tripped over a rock. Wow. Rocks just loved him.

Hale waited for the impact, but never felt it, instead landing on something rather....fluffy..? 'Why the heck is Phil out here?' He thought, with a sigh, pulling the earbuds out of his ears, "Ok Phil, you got me, now lemme get back to work so i can finish the lawn for you ok?" Hale said with an annoyed rolled of his eyes, getting up and turning around to see the down right fluffiest Wolf/Sea monster...fish..He'd ever seen.