DemiGod? Yes. Badass? Maybe. Popular? Of Course Not. Chapter 17

Hale knew he was out cold.

He knew he was loosing blood fast. And most importantly he knew Angel knew he was hurt. He could sense her worry, her fear, but also her courage. He felt himself being placed on a stretcher, feeling the warm, soft fabric beneath him. Then he felt a sharp stabbing pain on his leg, and his eyes fluttered open. He saw Chiron cutting at some loose flesh, and clenched his jaw.

Chiron looked up at him, with a dim expression. "You choose a bad time to wake, son." He told him gently.

Hale nodded, and swallowed, knowing he hadnt a chance of going back to sleep. He turned away and tried to tune out the pain. He'd seen his foot. It was nearly off. The bone was barely holding on, and he didnt know how it could be fixed. He thought for sure it'd end up a spoil of battle. He gripped the side of the bed, and howled in pain as Chiron cut part of a twisted tendon or something important of the sort to keep the rest of it intact. Hale weakly tried pulling the rock out of his pocket, and willing himself to heal, but nothing happend.

"It wont work." He muttered. Chiron nodded grimly. "The creatures poison. It can only be healed by a certain type of antidote, and we must wait for the medicine to arrive. Im not sure how the foul beasts got in, but however it did, we must make sure it doesnt happen again." Hale nodded, and tried to take it all in.

He'd just arrived at camp, found out he was a demigod, met his girlfriend for the first time, and now killed a dragon, and could possibly loose his foot. What else was new? He had to wait at least a day or so to get the antidote to heal him fully. Hale squirmed, and howled out in pain again, as Chiron tried stitching him up. Chiron sighed, and stopped, and ordered a Satyr to retrieve something.

"I cant do much, for you now, son. We must wait until the antidote arrives." Chiron said. Hale suddenly noticed the bags under his eyes, and the grim, tired expression he wore. Hale nodded weakly. A satyr came in quickly, and started bandaging up Hales foot. His eye still wasnt able to open, but Chiron promised him he hadnt lost his sight, that it was just an affect of the poison. Hale was more than thankful for that.

"Where is Angel? Is she ok?!" He panicked suddenly, remembering the state in which he had left his girlfriend. Chiron seemed to chuckle, but it was a tired, worn chuckle.

"She is fine." He pointed to the bed next to him, and he took in the sight of his girlfriend, HIS Angel, perfectly fine, and sleeping. Her face was troubled though, she wasnt at ease. Hale wanted to wake her, but he knew better.

"Chiron, sir, is there any like..-" He was cut off by Chirons wisely amused eyes, and smile.

"Of course. I'll have Grover wheel it in." He said with a wink before walking out of the room, leaving Hale alone. Hale watched his girlfriend sleep for a while, before Grover wheeled in the television. Hale thanked him, and gave the old tv a try. It worked perfectly. Hale wouldnt call it HD, but maybe even better? He turned it onto a channel called History(Ad) Channel. Hale laughed at that. He started watching a documentary on world war II.

Once Annabeth came in, and hooked him up to a regular, mortal IV, giving him what he guessed to be some extra strong sleep meds. After thanking her, and getting checked up on by Percy, Hale watched the show for a while longer before drifting off to sleep himself.