18

Mason POV

Welp this is embarrassing....

I thought as i jumped reluctantly off the bed and stood in front of the guard.

"Intruder?"

I asked.

The guard nodded, and motioned me to follow him.

I turned back toward Nathan to find him right behind me.

"Oh uh you can stay here if you want!"

I say smiling.

He smirked and lifted my chin with his finger.

"I am your personal guard..I am suppose to be with you, anyways remember what I promised to you?"

I blushed an even darker shade of red, and nodded.

The guard cleared his throat.

"Erm, uh, this is very important, sorry but we need to go."

I cleared my throat and laughed.

"Oh yeah...Onward~!"

The guard brought us into the throne room, my mother was pacing around, while my father was talking to the top security guy.

"What's happened here?"

I say, as I stride into the room.

The guard and Nathan following behind me.

"Mason! We need your help..someone has gotten into the castle and has been destroying rooms and have stolen a ton of money....Just be on alert...and make sure the word doesn't get out at school."

I laughed.

"Dad at a time like this? I simply can not go to school! Have Oliver do that..and anyways..I am light on my feet and smaller than the rest of the guards..so I will help in this..if you are worried that I might get hurt..well I am the best sword fighter in the palace..i mean....i am pretty good at it...and anyways i have Nathan!"

I say smiling and bowing.

My father looked at me, as though considering what I had said.

Then after a while he nodded.

"Very well"

I smiled as I grabbed Nathan's arm, and ran out the door.

"Hmm I wonder who it is."

I say thoughtfully when we got into the hallway alone.

"I don't know"

We ran around the castle to see if we could find anything.

We went into the money room to find the vault wide open and empty.

I gasped..

"Not only the money money ..but the family heirloom."

I clenched my teeth, I felt my fists shaking .

I felt someone breeze past me, and toward the vault.

Nathan crouched in front of the vault, and inspected it all around, his yellow hazel eyes darting all around.

Luckily for him, the detectives left some of their equipment.

He got some of the dust and a brush.

He checked for any finger prints, he then did a lot of other techie stuff i didn't really understand.

After about an hour he got up and placed everything down, and wrapped an arm around me.

"Well this person obviously works here...the person is most likely a girl...she either knows a lot about this family and or she works here....it's interesting that the detectives didn't find that simple information out....the woman was smart enough to wear gloves. But how the strokes of when she opened it and the size and structure of the hand movements, i am assuming its a girl...and since she knew the password she would have been trusted by the king or a worker.."

"Thanks for doing that..." I say smiling...but he continues

"hmm I admire this person though...they were smart as they worked...no fingerprints, no random hair, no footprints, no skin pieces, etc...hmmm"

I furrowed my eyebrows.

Admire?

I grab his hand and drag him to my room.

I slam the door shut and i push him on to the bed, pinning his arms above his head, his eyes wide.

"Admire? You are mine and no one else's don't joke around like that.."

I say hugging him.

He relaxes.

"Oh wow, I never knew you were the jealous type..prince. But don't worry you're the only one in my sights"

"Shut up,.."

I say.

"Anyways Nathan...thank you...thank you a lot for doing that we just need to tell my father."

I say happily as i get up.

He chuckles as we run out the door.

We go to my dad and tell him what Nathan found out.

My dad nods, and told us to be on the lookout, and just to enjoy ourselves.

We turn to leave.

"Oh and Nathan..your family has enough money, they refused to leave there house, so there bills and what not are on us, and now they don't need to worry about it anymore! Mason said to look after your family so thank him for that...and Mason, I know about Amy,I am not mad...thank Nathan for tat will you?"

With that he turns and goes off to somewhere.

I turn to Nathan and he turns to look at me, we stand there looking at each other shocked.