Chapter Thirty Six

*Danielle's POV*

I woke to an empty bed and sunlight streaming through the windows. I sighed and discovered that I had left my paci in my mouth all night. I took it out of my mouth and sat it on my night stand next to a note from Daryl.

Went out with Rick and Carol, be back in a bit. Love you.

I got out of bed and got dressed before carrying mine and Daryl's dirty clothes downstairs to the laundry room. I tossed them into the washer and started it. I needed Daryl's vest since it could use some serious cleaning but getting that vest will be a miracle. My boots needed the same thing done to them but I didn't have any leather cleaner.

"Sis?" I heard Jonny yell.

"Kitchen!" I yelled back.

I head him walk through the house and into the kitchen.

"Did you hear about the welcome party tonight?" He asked once he saw me.

"No, I haven't been out of the house today." I told him.

"Well it's for all of us." He replied.

"I'm not one for parties. I'd much rather stay here with Daryl tonight." I told him sitting at the island.

"If your change your mind, it's at Deanna's." Jonny replied before he walked over and gave my belly a rub then he walked out of the kitchen.

I finished the laundry and had just sat down on the couch when the door opened again, I could tell by the boots that it was Daryl.

"Have a nice time out of the gates?" I asked.

"Yeah, until I saw a big black horse get taken down by walkers." He replied walking over to me.

"So I guess you've heard about the party by now." I said leaning into his chest.

"Yeah." He sighed.

"We could try it out and if we don't like it we can leave." I suggested.

"If you're with me I think I can handle a few minutes at a party." Daryl replied.

We got off the couch, with Daryl's help on my part and headed upstairs. I checked closets and found a black long sleeved shirt that would fit Daryl.

"Here, take this and go put on the clean jeans in the dryer." I told him holding it out.

He took the shirt and headed out of the room. I found a really cute maternity top and traded my plain t shirt for it before slipping my vest back on. I went into the bathroom and brushed my hair out before heading down the stairs. I saw Daryl standing by the front door looking out. I have to admit, he cleans up well.

"Ready?" I asked.

"As I'll ever be." He sighed then opened the door.

We walked down the empty streets to Deanna's. We stood in her porch for a good five minutes before we walked in.

Suddenly it was a swirl of faces and voices. I made polite conversation with a few people, but I was getting increasingly uncomfortable. I excused myself from the girls I was talking to and went to find Daryl. I saw him standing in a corner looking like how I felt.

"Ready to go?" I asked him.

"Yeah, come on." He replied.

We slipped out of the house unnoticed and walked down the quiet streets hand in hand. Most of the houses were dark so the moon lit our path until we reached Aaron and Eric's house. The porch light came on and the door opened.