Chapter 9: Training

*Back to the present*

"Wow. You weren't kidding about it being a long story." Aidan said when I finished.

"Yeah."

"Have you seen them since then?"

"Nope."

"Well, for what its worth, I'm glad they saved you." He said with a shy smile.

"I'm glad they saved me too." I said, ruining the moment.

"You just killed it."

"I know."

We both laughed.

"So where does Victor sleep? I don't recall passing his room earlier." I said.

"Oh, he dosen't sleep." Aidan said, his face serious.

"What?" Was he pulling my leg?

"Nah, just messing with you. He sleeps in one of the rooms upstairs. Its on the left of the staircase behind the corner so you can't really see it from our rooms."

I rolled my eyes at him. Victor entered a few minutes later, hands filled with grocery bags.

"Do you need help?" I ask, getting up from the couch.

"Thanks, but I got it. Its so nice having someone around here who offers a helping hand." He says while giving Aidan a look. He walks into the kitchen. Me and Aidan get up to follow.

"Hey, I do help around the house. Sometimes. Kind of. Okay, maybe not that much. But I do!" Aidan said defending himself, badly may I add.

"Did you clean your room yet?" Victor asked.

"Well, I was going to but I had to show her around and-"

"No excuses Aidan. Go do it now." Victor said strictly while unloading the groceries.

"Okay, fine." Aidan said while making his way upstairs.

"So how are you doing? I assume Aidan gave you the tour?" Victor asked me.

"Yeah, he did. Lovely house by the way."

"Thanks. So I thought we could start the hunting training today? I'll teach you the basics first. So today we'll start on guns. How to load it, fire it, take it apart and put it back together again."