Chapter 17: Cold

We were standing in front of a huge house. The house was unbelievably bigger than Jack's house. There were crowds of people gathered around the lawn in front of the house and music and laughter was spilling out from inside the house.

"Who's party is this again?" I asked Jack.

"One of my friends from the football team. His parents are out of town so..." He trailed off.

"He throws a crazy party that's probably going to end with cops." Aidan finished. The three of us laughed.

"Ready?" Jack said looking at us.

"Yep." Aidan replied.

"Kind of." I replied.

We made our way up the lawn towards the front door of the house. We had to squeeze past people. The scene in the house was your typical teenage party. People drinking, eating, dancing. Those girls throwing themselves at guys and those guys taking advantage of drunk girls. Nice.

We were walking in single file now. Jack leading the way with me behind him and Aidan behind me. We reached the kitchen, where there were less people.

"Hey man, how's it going? Great party." Jack said, walking up to this guy, who I was assuming is his friend who's party this is.

"Hey, glad you could make it." The guy replied to Jack, doing the signature guy greeting.

"Hey Mark." Aidan said to him before doing the guy shake too.

"Aidan! Hey man. How's it going?" Mark replied.

"It's good. Hey, meet our friend, Mikhaela." Aidan said, introducing me to Mark.

I smiled and waved at him.

"Hi, nice to meet you. Hey guys, I have to go check on everything, but feel free to eat and drink as much as you want." Mark said with a smile before leaving the kitchen.

I turned to Aidan and Jack. "So now what?"

"Aidan!" A high pitched girl's voice shouted from across the room.

We all turned towards the voice just as this blonde haired chick threw herself into Aidan's arms, hugging him tightly.

"Tessa, hey." Aidan said with a laugh.

"I'm so glad you came. I haven't seen you in ages. Where have you been?" She asked, pulling back and staring up at him, her arms still around his neck.

I got a look of her face. Oh wow. She was really pretty. She used quite a lot of make up though, that was obvious. She was wearing a crop top and shorts. Who wears that in this weather? Okay, I admit, I was a little jealous. I mean, who was this girl and why did she have her arms around Aidan?