Chapter 3: Nightmare

The drive to Victors house was about an hour, more or less. By the time we reached, the sun was already starting to come up. The house was really big. It was one of those houses that stood quite far apart from the others, with a wooden fence around it for privacy.

We got out of the car and Aidan helped me with one of my bags. Victor walked up to the front door and unlocked it. He went in first, with Aidan and myself following behind. The inside of the house was really...neat. Like super tidy. That's really weird considering its two guys who are living there. Guess Victors the neat freak since Aidan obviously isn't.

"Aidan, bring Mikhaela to the spare bedroom opposite yours. That'll belong to her from now on."

Then Victor looked at me. "That's the third biggest bedroom in the house, besides mine and Aidan's. So you'll have plenty of room. Why don't you go on up. You're probably exhausted so you can unpack and Aidan will give you a tour of the house after you get some sleep."

"That sounds like a really good idea, thanks."

"Since its already morning, can I skip school today? After all, I need to be here to show Mikhaela around later." Aidan said, trying his luck with Victor.

"Okay, fine. But I want you to make sure you spend the day by cleaning your room." Victor said.

"Yeah..." Aidan said already making his way upstairs with both my bags. Victor just sighed and shook his head.

"Well, you better go settle in and try to get some rest. How are you feeling?" Victor asked, concerned.

At first I wanted to lie and say I was fine but for some reason the tone of his voice made me want to tell him the truth.

"I honestly have no idea. I'm pretty torn up about my mum dy-...you know. I just wished I was there to save her in time. I could have saved her if only I was faster..." I said, looking at the ground. I was struggling to hold back tears. Jeeez, can I ever stop crying?

"Listen, its not your fault she died. Stop blaming yourself over that. That vampire would have killed her even if you had stayed up the whole night. You should just try to forget about it and get some sleep for tonight. It'll all feel much better in the morning, trust me."

"Okay. Thanks. For everything. For taking me in, I have no idea where I would be right now if you hadn't found me." I said. I paused and then gave him a hug. He hugged me back.

"Don't worry about it. Go on, get some sleep."

"Okay, goodnight." I said, before making my way upstairs.

The upstairs was a long hallway with two doors on each side. There was a door at the end which I'm guessing is the bathroom, judging by the bath mat just outside the door. I made my way to the door at the far end on the right, which was open. I looked in to see Aidan sitting on a bed, reading a football magazine. Now, this is what a stereotypical teenage boy's bedroom looked like. There were clothes strewn all over the floor and video games just scattered in front of the tv and a bunch of other things just all over the floor.