Chapter 12: Settling In

*OOMPH*

I fall on my butt for the hundredth time that day. There's probably a huge bruise on my arse by now. I look up at Aidan's grinning face. I narrow my eyes , then use my leg to swipe Aidan's legs from beneath him and he falls next to me on the mat. Hah. Who's laughing now?

"Ugh, can we please have a break?" Aidan asked Victor, who was sitting on a chair observing us.

"No, you two aren't done yet. No breaks until you both can work out what you're doing wrong and fix it. We'll do this one last time." He said, shaking his head.

We both sigh and stand up, facing each other.

About 3 weeks have passed and all I've been doing was going to school and later coming home and having hand to hand combat training with Aidan. It felt more like fight club. The first week we were focused more on fighting with weapons, like machetes, knives, darts filled with dead mans blood and stuff. But that was pretty easy and we were both good at it so Victor let us move on pretty fast. We've been on hand to hand combat for a while now. Victor wants us to be excellent at it so we don't die if we lose our weapon during the fight. Aidan was about the same level at it as I was.

At first he was kicking my butt the whole time, but after a few lessons with Victor, we took turns kicking each others butt. Right now Victor was making us face each other off as the last test before he decides if we're good enough to actually fight real vampires.

"Ready? I want you guys to do everything I taught you. Don't hold back. Just don't break each others arms or legs. That's the only rule. Go!" Victor said.

Aidan tried to punch me quickly but I managed to catch his hand and twist it behind his back. He gasped in pain. He elbowed me in the neck, causing me to let go of his hand. Ouch that hurt.

I slammed my hand upwards to his nose which caused him to fall backwards, clutching his nose. Shit he was bleeding. It wasn't the first time one of us bled during training but it was still gross, and I didn't like hurting him.

He tried swiping my legs from under me but I jumped over it. While I was trying to regain my balance he got up and lunged for me, causing both of us to fall on the mat. He was on me and he tried to land a punch but his weight shifted accidentally and I managed to push him over so that I was on top of him now, my finger nails digging into his shoulders.

My right knee was digging into his chest and he was struggling to breathe. I was waiting for him to say that he gave up but I should have known he wouldn't quit that easily.

He used his strength to get his legs free and used that to push me off him so that I somersaulted forward. I got up as quick as I could, ready for the next wave of punches. Not quick enough it seemed because I felt my head snap to the right as a punch landed on my left temple. I collapsed onto my hands and knees.

Crap. The temples are very sensitive because the skin around it is thin. Its a good pressure point. That's what we learned from Victor and that was what Aidan was aiming for. It wasn't a perfect blow though, if it was I would have been unconscious right now. I felt so dizzy and I had to blink a few times. I got up again, steadying myself against the wall, ready to take him on again. He had blood dripping down his nose and all over his shirt. There was also blood on the mat. Lovely.

"Okay, time out. Its over." Victor said, clapping his hands and smiling at us proudly.

I sighed in relief and slid down the wall to a sitting position. Aidan did the same but less gracefully. He kind of flopped to the mat like a whale.

"You guys passed." Victor said.

"Really? Thank God. Does this mean no more intense training sessions? " Aidan said.