The beginning

****Authors note****
Hey y'all! It's Aiman, ¯\__/¯ and here's my first ever completed book!!!
All copyrights reserved©

**Started-17/5/16

Ended-20/6/16 (completed in 35 days)**

Editing is still in process. Feel free to point out my flaws.

Do give some love and support as it would be really appreciated! Hope you like my story, comment if  you find any mistakes, it really helps to improve, and do vote for giving it more recognition.
So, that's about it, hope you like it in here :)

***********

Standing at the arrival lounge of the San Francisco airport and wondering how all this happened, was a young 18-year-old girl, Zareena. She was still reminiscing of the day her life was changed in Badin, Pakistan and made her to travel for the first time ever to San Francisco.

Sunday morning, a small town in Pakistan, Badin.

Zareena's morning was no different as she also started her day with her mom's shrilly voice, waking her up for the hundredth time that day.

Zareena, with her eyelids shut, frowns at the piercing voice waking her up, "It's Sunday mom, please not today!" She groans under the pillow.

"Zareenaaa get up!" Her mom raises her voice and Zareena pulls the sheet over her face as she hears the distant, yet high pitched voice over and over again.

Agitated by the noises, she opens her hazel eyes, while a big frown plasters across her face.

She looks around her dull room and her eyes stop at a shabby wooden cupboard which has a clock, stuck on the wall beside it.

8am.

"Whyyyyy? It's so early!" She groans again furiously, and throws herself back to her squeaking bed while secretly hoping her mom doesn't come to her room.

After minutes of laying there, staring at the ceiling fan and hoping she could stay like this a little longer, her eyelids droop peacefully, and she begins to sleep again. Sadly, her hopes get shattered up as the same old shrilly voice brings her back to her senses, this time it is much clearer.

Her mother, Hamna, stands by the door frame with a spatula in her hand, "Zareena, what is this? I've been waking you up since forever! And you're busy daydreaming! What-"

Zareena winces at the voice, and rushes out of her bed to avoid the taunting, "ye- yeah mom I'm awake, alright. I'm awake," she cuts her mother's speech and
ties her long brown hair into a messy bun, walking hurriedly towards her petite washroom.

She stares at her reflection in the mirror, a pale face stares back at her with those sharp almond colored, hazel eyes. She looks mostly like her mother except for her face, it's rather heart shaped with cheekbones that are hardly seen.

Splash!

She splashes her face continuously with freezing water, that finally manages to make her feel fresh and wakeful.

Zareena lives in a one-story cottage, the place Badin is considered a small town where people are mostly uneducated and are farmers.
Zareena is lucky to have a school built in her generation, as people before here were sadly, illiterate. Her family has this cottage which is considered the biggest over there as it is inherited by her great grandfathers.