The university

She wakes up with a startle and starts to look around to see a different surrounding, she then reminds herself of what had happened.

She squints at the clock, it's only 5 am, so she decides to stay in bed, glancing at the window where a beautiful sunrise is at sight. Too tired to move, she looks over to Lisa on the other side of the room, who's sound asleep. She will thank her forever.

Turning over to other side, she closes her eyes, trying to get some more sleep as today will be her very first day at her university.

Due to all the excitement, she can't sleep at all, she's imagining herself with a scalpel and a mask on her oval shaped, olive skinned face, as she's doing an operation and saving a life.

She smiles to herself and hopes that she'd be able to do that someday. Her eyelids begin to droop peacefully, and she takes a nap feeling better than ever. An excited, and optimist self, takes over her.

Buzz Buzz......

She wakes up when she hears an alarm going off, and opens her eyelids to see a frustrated Lisa annoyed by the continuous ringing of her clock. She extends her hand to snooze it but instead she pushes the clock and it lands with a loud thud but still keeps on ringing. 

A minute passes, and her cell phone alarm comes to life at the same time, the room is in a ruckus, she presses the snooze button and lets out an exasperated cry as she hides her ears with her pillow. Zareena on the other side enjoying all this, can't stop laughing at the pitiful sight.

Five minutes pass and another alarm rings, this time on her iPad which is kept on the table, Lisa listens to the music playing by and as the beat increases so does Lisa's frustration, she finally gets up, walks to her table, snoozes it too and jumps back to her bed.

Her phone starts ringing again right at that moment.

And finally! Lisa decides to wake up, she yawns and looks up at the clock, it's 8 am. Her eyes then stride towards Zareena who's laughing on the other side of the room.

Zareena finally speaks, "don't tell me you wake up like this everyday?" She says after catching her breathe.

Lisa replies, "ha ha! everything's funny right now, well, see you in your third-year friend." She responds sarcastically.

Sighing, Zareena gets up, ties her head scarf and walks over to a still lying on bed Lisa, "seriously thanks a lot! If it hadn't been you, there would be people looking at me today, sleeping in the bathroom stall and looking like a total mess." She responds with a smile.

"I'm so tired of saying it's okay to you," she says in frustration, "anyway," she yawns loudly, "someone's in a better mood today, you go girl!" Lisa says with a tease.

Zareena smiles back and bids good bye as she leaves for her room, hoping that Clare would be there.

She knocks on the door, once, twice then thrice to hear footsteps, relieved, she waits impatiently. Clare opens the door, she's all grumpy and calls her in.

Zareena sits on her side and decides to speak, "umm are you okay?"

Clare replies sharply, "nothing for you to care," then with a pause she says, "so where were you all night? Lisa called me but I couldn't come as I was at the club."

Zareena responds with an "oh," then explains her
"Lisa had a bed free so she let me stay there."

Clare, "please, don't ever leave your card again, I don't want to be disturbed in a middle of a party," she says with a hint of annoyance.