The journey

The passengers are seated and are listening to the safety instructions being given. The flight is about to take off and Zareena is on the edge of breaking down.

She tries to calm herself, "it's going to be alright, it won't be scary, you just shut your eyes and imagine you're not here."

This helps her a little but only for a while, when the time arises, she starts sweating in a place where people are asking for blankets, taps her toes innumerable times and begins to bite on her nails.

The guy beside her notices this and starts to ask if she's alright, but before he can say anything, the plane begins to move and Zareena's heart, beats faster and faster, she can feel her ears ring, while her insides were threatening to throw up.

She is on the edge of breaking down, and decides to close her eyes shut, praying the take-off is done smoothly. She is also conscious of crying in front of others so she bites her lower lip to stop the feeling and takes back all the tears that were threatening to fall out.

"I can do this!" Zareena's conscience encourages herself.

The plane moves with a slow pace, and with a sudden jolt, it sprints through the runway, making Zareena jump from her seat a little, she can feel the uplifting as she presses her eyes, while her grip on the arm rest tightens.

The plane lifts from the Pakistan grounds to the open air, and with that Zareena leaves her family and her place where she spent all her life.

Even though, she's afraid of heights, she can't stop herself from looking at the beautiful view of the city from above, she's perplexed, her eyes glint with a mixture of sadness of leaving her family but also excitement for her new awaiting adventure.

As the plane steadies, she's able to calm herself and looks towards the window to see only the deep blue sea.

Saddened by how quickly the view of the city faded, she looks in front of her to see a mini TV. Waiting to see how to use it, she glances towards the guy beside her and is amazed by the way he is tapping on the screen.

Maybe she's too amazed as her glance freezes over the screen, the guy turns and meets her stare, there is a brief moment, and embarrassed by herself Zareena tears away quickly towards her screen but despite of that, she can still feel him looking her way. Her cheeks burn.

"Well that was awkward, Zareena you're so stupid!" She shakes her head a little to forget the awkwardness.

She looks at her screen, ready to indulge in it and taps on the movies category.

Yes, the movies, even though she lives in a small town, she and her sister Rubina were fans of almost all the teen fiction, horror and comedy genre movies. That is one of the best things about their family, to let them have some quality time too and not just make rotis and work in the kitchen all day.

The government provides students who perform well with a laptop as a prize and thus, they were connected to and updated with, the outside world.

Her family is pretty conservative but also liberal at the same time, it is a balance between the two, she is told the differences between right and wrong, which is by far, the most precious gift of all.

She watches a movie for few hours and then decides to sleep. She tilts her head towards the window and stares at nothing but darkness and immediately, she starts crying, her control on her tears breaks and she lets them free. Her heart feels lighter as she silently cries and cries, and cries to sleep.