The Dormitory

Zareena pauses in front of her dorm, amazed by how big it is, she lets out a loud gasp.

"Guess staying here won't be that bad," she wonders with joy.

She strides past the hallway to the reception area and walks briskly with her luggage, conscious about the way people are looking at her. She repeats the words in her mind, preparing it for the hundredth time, and finally speaks up.

"Excuse me, my name is Zareena and I want to book a single bed room here." She says softly to the green-eyed receptionist.

The receptionist smiles kindly, "I'm really sorry but we don't have any single bedroom dorm left, would you like to book a shared room?"

Zareena freezes, "what? Nooo I don't want to share, what am I going to do now," her conscience panics.

The receptionist eyes her, "yes? Miss so should I book a shared room for you? You can shift to a separate room later when we have them free, I will surely let you know."

Zareena hesitantly says, "yes, but can you please make sure my roommate is a girl."

The receptionist laughs, "of course it is, we do not allow boys and girls in the same dorm, and you would also like to know that the boy's dorm is in a separate building." She speaks while pointing at the other building.

Zareena releases a sigh of relief and walks with the card to her assigned room.

Room 56

"I wonder how many floors this huge building has!"

She stands there with the card examining the door, pausing as she didn't know what to do with that.

"Wait... do I slide it? How am I supposed to open the door with this? Omg!" She panics again.

She looks at the long corridor filled with people, a girl touches the card on the door lock, and it opens with a click.

Amazed and excited to try it, Zareena touches the card to the door but nothing happens.

Her insides turn once again, "maybe I should ask the receptionist, oh, they're going to think I'm stupid!"

As she was arguing with herself whether to go or not, she hears a small cough behind her.

She turns to see a skinny blonde girl who looked about her age, her face was beautiful except for the slight annoyance in her eyes.

The girl looks at Zareena and speaks, "umm excuse me, but that-" she points over to the room, "is my room, and you shouldn't be here." She speaks with a strong American accent.

Zareena stammers, "umm, but, like, I've got this card here with the number 56, so I-"

She is cut off by that girl, "oh my god! So, you're the new roommate?" She says this with a slight disgust while eyeing at Zareena's clothes from top to bottom.

Zareena feels super conscious and fiddles with her bright red top.

That girl then ushers her to go in and open the door.

Zareena prays that this time the card works to save her from more embarrassment, she closes her eyes and touches the card to the door.