Mystery

-------------------------------

The Vertex, 6:45 p.m

" Did you guys see that news report? " Zoe sat with the team in the main hallway of the Vertex, "Well, Lady Sapphire. Do you think we should investigate? " 

Sapphire just looked at the moon and didn't respond. Everything went silent. They all stood in the main room of the Vertex. It was painted grey and blue, it was very spacious, and it had a control console that took up the opposite side of the room. Sapphire stood in front of the control console, staring out a large window as they flew past the clouds slowly. Suddenly, the power on the ship went out! The teens went into their battle modes without hesitation. Using his super hearing, Dante heard the soft breath of a figure in the shadows. Quickly he raised his arms to strike before the lights turned back on.

" BOO! " Ray screamed, jumping out of the darkness as all of the teens looked at him with a scowl, "What? "

" Dude, not cool. " Nichole muttered, retracting her water whips into her arms.

" You guys are just lame. " Ray muttered as Amy teleported behind him.

" Did we get 'em with the scare, Ray? " Amy had a big cheeky grin.

" Why don't you ask the grouches? " Ray groaned, his shoulders slouched and his face in a scowl.

" I know what will cheer you guys up! I used my imagination to make up the monster from TV! Do you want to see it? " Amy's eyes glowed.

" Amy, what are you- " Zoe began to ask before a bright golden flash of light appeared.

"Ta-da! " Amy yelled as a mutated horrific beast appeared in front of her, twitching and growling.

" Oh wow, did you project an image of yourself-" Dante joked as Karla elbowed him in the stomach, " Ow. "

The teens looked at the projection and sighed; honestly, it wasn't even that scary. Amy realized that she failed to impress them and slowly deleted her screening from reality. With a pout, she sighed and walked away into the recreational room. Sapphire sighed, continuing to look at the moon and not pay the teenagers any mind. They all left and went into the recreational room from earlier that day, Dante and Karla chilling on the sofa together as Max and Ryan played hip-hop music from a speaker. Sapphire sighed as she couldn't focus on her thoughts. As much as she wanted to think about the horrific video that played on the news earlier, she thought about a whole different monster, Ruby.

She was thinking back to their fight six months ago, how she lost. How she was defeated and how her sister just let her live. She clenched her fists, growling softly. The embarrassment she felt was brewing inside of her. The music continued to blast as she heard the teens singing the lyrics and getting hype in the other room. Annoyed, she walked over to the door and stared at Ryan straight in his face. Ryan stood on top of a couch, looking at the Sapphire with his mouth wide open. Everyone paused in their positions as Ryan slowly got off of the sofa and walked towards Sapphire.

" Oh..too loud? M-my bad- " Ryan whispered, twiddling his thumbs.

" I think I've had enough of the ten of you for today. Everyone go home. Now." Sapphire commanded as they slowly walked out of the room and towards the teleporter.

" I mean, you can't lie....it was 'fire.' " Ryan said Sapphire making the woman let out a forceful grunt, " You're right...I'll send you the link to let you judge for yourself. "

BZZT!

With them gone, she sighed before letting out a small chuckle. " Ryan, you are such a case. " She thought as she laughed at remembering how their faces looked. As strict as she was, she truly loved them like her own. Cutting her laughter off, she heard her ringtone as the vibrations from the phone shook her leg.