Spies

-------------------------------

The Vertex, 7:30 p.m., the next day

" It pricked me with its tail and left this mark. It's been glowing too, I'm concerned about what this means Ray. " Amy whimpered while pointing to the target on her neck glowing purple.

" When did you even see that alien? " Ray scratched his head.

" Last night. " Amy replied, " This mark has continued to feel worse since then. "

" Ray, you deal with Amy over there. I need to get prepared for our mission. " Jennifer put on her costume before she turned on her communicator, " Remember this is a stealth mission, don't act out of the ordinary. "

" Yeah. yeah. Hey Karla, can you tie this tie? " Ryan stood on the sidewalk wearing a black and white tuxedo. 

" I don't want to have to baby you anymore from this point on. " Karla tied Ryan's black-tie as she wore a long, tight, black sparkly dress and a pearl necklace.

" I'm on the roof. " Jennifer floated above a building with a giant glowing logo 'Shoreline Casino', " I recommend that you put on your wigs and accents now. "

" You're right. " Ryan put on a wig giving him a smooth high-top fade.

" Phew...okay, let's do this. " Karla mumbled, putting on a dark red wig that gave her a curly hairstyle, and with a sigh, the two of them covered their eyes in masquerade masks.

She placed green contacts in her eyes and turned to Ryan and posed. Her disguise was genuinely surprising. He wrapped his arm around her waist and put on a golden monocle. Karla skeptically looked at Ryan's new addition to his outfit. They walked through the big glass doors and entered the main lobby of the Shoreline Casino. Strolling through a crowd of adults, all dressed in formal wear with solemn faces, Ryan couldn't help but look around. Viewing the sizeable red velvet painted interior, he admired the abstract paintings that covered the walls.

" Look over there. " Karla whispered pointing to a crowd of adults, all paying a hefty entry fee to a man dressed in black, " You got the money? "

" Flex on them for the one time. " The mist dragon chuckled as Ryan pulled a large pack of counterfeit money from his pocket.

" We're balling fam. " Ryan smirked.

Blending in with the crowd, Ryan slapped the wad of cash in the guard's hand and kept walking with looking back. Quickly, the two teenagers walked straight up to another set of large wooden doors. With a sharp exhale, Ryan pushed the door open and entered a gigantic ballroom, filled with even more adults in even fancier clothing. The hall had quartz pillars on each corner, bright white tiled floors, and a huge crystal chandelier that dangled from the roof. Not paying attention, Ryan slammed his face into the chest of a tall, muscular gentleman in a suit and tie. The man held a clipboard and a pen in his hands, staring at the teenager with a glare. Karla shielded her eyes from the glare coming off of the man's shiny bald head.

" Sir, I need a name to see if you're on the list. " The man mumbled, his voice was freakishly deep.

" Huh? You don't know me? I'm Ceylan Ross Jones. " Ryan lied nervously, putting on a horrible British accent.

" Never heard of you. " The man grumbled, " And who are you, Miss? "

" It's me, Robin Thorne. " Karla replied, using the pearl necklace to alter her voice.

"R-Robin Thorne?! H-how have you b-been? " The guard stuttered, sweat trickling down the side of his face, " I'm sorry I d-didn't recognize y-you. "