The Weird Woman That Is Robin Thorne

----------------------------

Sky City...3:30 a.m.

" Good job Ryan. " Robin Thorne said on the phone as he rode on the back of Vaxis.

" Hey, Robin? Do you happen to know anything by the name of Project Orchid? " Ryan took off his helmet. 

" I'd advise you to stay away from them. Now what I do isn't exactly heroic or anything, but the moment Project Orchid gets involved, whoever they're up against, that person is in deep trouble. " 

" Hmm...I understand. " Ryan mumbled as Vaxis flew above his house.

" Plus, they're enemies of The Big Man...and if you're his enemy, you're my enemy. " 

" Noted..." He muttered before his watch started to beep.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

" Hold on a sec. " Ryan said, hanging up on Robin and answering Sapphire's call, " What's the matter, Lady Sapphire? "

" How did you know about the situation in Ocean City without receiving my message? " 

" I was in the area. " Ryan lied.

" Don't lie to me. "

" Why don't you scold Zoe and Ray-"

" Did that already. "

" Oh. "

" Why. Were. You. There? "

" I can't tell you. I'm sorry. "

" You can't tell me?- I heard you had a confrontation with Project Orchid. You need to hand me the communicator you are grounded- "

Ryan grumbled as he took his communicator out of his ear, hanging up on Sapphire. " Whatever. " He thought as Vaxis lowered from the sky in front of Ryan's bedroom window. Chloe and Max were inside fast asleep.

" At least Robin kept her promise. " Ryan opened the window and snuck inside.

Vaxis flew back into Ryan's body as Ryan pressed a button on his watch, making the suit retract inside of it. He groaned, stretching and cracking his neck. His skin was singed and burnt from using the Blazing Thunder. Dark marks ran across his shoulders and elbows, his fingers throbbing in pain. He coughed and limped into his house's hallway, walking to Chloe's room. Slowly, he peeked inside and saw Jade lying down on her bed, snoring loudly. Headphones covered her ears with rock music blasting. He snuck inside and stood up. He looked at Jade, sleeping on her side. She snored and drooled as Ryan smiled a little bit. 

" She's actually...adorable. " Ryan whispered.

Next was his father's room. He saw Adam and Abigail lying down on the bed, cuddling. He groaned softly before letting out a sigh of relief. His family was okay. He slowly walked back to his bedroom and took off his shirt before jumping on his bed. His head hit his soft, fresh, blue pillow, and sleep quickly started to take over. Unfortunately, his dreams were interrupted by the loud vibrations of his cell phone.

" HELLO? " Ryan dragged his phone next to his face.

" Don't think that after one job, it's over. " Robin chuckled. 

" The time is 3:45 a.m. Robin. "

" I'm well aware of the time. " Robin chirped, " Unless you want your little sister to-"

" Fine. Okay, where is it now? " Ryan groaned slowly, getting out of his bed.

" This one is all the way over at the Shoreline Casino. " Robin said, " And since it's close to where I stay. Visit me when you're finished. "