The poor man's wealth

Adam and Amir were neighbours. Adam was a poor farmer. Amir was a landlord.

Adam used to be very relaxed and happy. He never bothered to close the doors and windows of his house at night. He had deep sound sleeps. Although he had no money, he was peaceful.

Amir used to be very tense always. He was very keen to close the doors and windows of his house at night.
He could not sleep well. He was always scared that someone might break open his safes and steal away his money.
He envied the peaceful Adam.

One day, Amir called Adam and gave him a box full of cash saying:
"Look my dear friend. I am blessed with plenty of wealth. I find you in poverty. So, take this cash and live in prosperity." Adam was overwhelmingly happy. He was joyful throughout the day. Night came and he went to bed as usual. But, that night, he could not sleep.
He went and closed the doors and windows but he still could not sleep. He began to keep on looking at the box of cash. The whole night he was disturbed.
As soon as day broke, Adam took the box of cash and went to Amir's house.
He gave away the box to Amir saying:
"Dear Friend, I am poor. But, your money took away the #peace from me. Please bear with me and take back your money"

The biggest wealth a person has is the peace and no money in the world can buy the contentment of what the Almighty gave You, even if it's little!
Indeed, the richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who is content with what he has.

As the Prophet Muhammed Sal-lAllahu alayhi wa sallam said:
"Richness is not having many possession, richness is being content with oneself." (Tirmidhi)