Love Story of a dark skinned girl

A Heart Touching Love Story

Barakah is the eldest daughter of her parents and lives in urban area with her family. Naive, modest, selfless, polite, thin faced, sharp nose, long hair but dark skinned.
.
No one actually cared about her personality but all treated her according to her outer appearance/beauty.
.
Her granny would love her siblings more because their skin was lighter than Barakah. Her relatives - aunties would say her use some whitening creams, tomato juice, paste this and that. She did so but her skin remains dark. She had always been neglected for her look though she was very good at cooking, arranging house, taking care of everyone's needs.
.
She had been rejected by 4 guys and her mother was very conscious about it. All she hoped is, if any boy agrees for her hand, even if they have to give dowry, they're fine with it afterall they're well off. One boy agreed for nikkah, and his mother demanded high dowry.
.
But Barakah's fathers old friend, Khalil was very impressed with Barakah. He loves her innocence, her humbleness and her cooking. To him, Barakah is a kind of girl, who is precious rubi under the deep ocean, and he beliefs where Barakah will step her feet, that home will be a mini paradise.
.
So he asked Barakah's hand for his son, Kaif, who is very handsome, good looking, eligible batchelor who grow up under father's supervision, since his mother died when he was young. Thus, Khalil occupies a very delicate position in kaif's life and choices. As Khalil already promised for nikkah, so Kaif had no choice but to agree.
.
But of course, a handsome guy like Kaif would prefer a pretty girl beside him, upon seeing them people will call perfect couple. He never meet Barakah before but he heard about her often from Khalil. He never knew the lady he will be marrying is dark skinned, no dressing sense, nor stylish but naive, uncultured type until he saw her first time, on their wedding day.
.
He couldn't refuse since his father will be embarrassed, but reaching their home, he clearly said his father that he feels disgust about that girl.

  He shouted so loudly that Barakah could hear all his conversation sitting inside of the room decorated with roses.
.
There's nothing she could do except crying within heart. He come into the room and slept without uttering a single word. Night passed. At morning Barakah cooked foods and Kaif didn't even eat. He never look at her for a second. In fact, he spends whole time at office working there to divert his frustration and Barakah at home, alone, just regret for becoming a burden of somebody's life.
Wasn't that enough for her to be burden for her parents life mow a new person added on this list. Ya Rabbi! .
But still she smiles to hide her pain. She smile for not upsetting her father in law, who treat her no less than a daughter. She also smiles when she sees Kaif sleeping on bed and snoring. She lightly touches his face when he is in sleep, she loves him because after all he is her husband, the one for whom she's waited. The one whom she prayed to meet.
The one whom she would like to submit herself and share her cherished love.
.
Kaif's colleagues asked him to show his wife's pic and he always ignore their request. They pull Kaif's leg saying - Oh, Bhabi, must be so beautiful that you're jealous of showing her.
But only he thinks how beautiful she is!
He feels her insult in the name of beauty and out of his fierceness, he assaulted her. .
He wasn't in sense that he says he can't bear her face but he ended up sleeping with Barakah. Afterall man are man. It's hard for them to control emotions. At morning after having shower, Barakah was looking herself in the mirror. She never expresses how bad she feels but undoubtedly she is hurt. She can't even complain for her skin color and look, as she has no control over her physics. But she shed tears silently but in silence, she fight for her husband's love in her dua.
.
.
Inspite of all, she lives her life full, praying, cooking and caring about Kaif, because she is a righteous Muslimah.
In fact, she never stop caring about Kaif's needs, though he never honoured her as wife, who didn't even treated her as human, that she can also have emotions and feelings.

  He only cared about his reputation, his desires and demands which is all ruined because of so called Nikkah. Oh, something is wrong, he doesn't even consider her as wife but even worse than slave.
.
Barakah tries hard to not appear infront of Kaif. She hides herself behind door until he went inside of the room. She put his clothes outside that he will wear, she serve food on table and then disappear before Kaif's arrival. She in fact starve and eat after her husband's dinner. She watches him behind curtain that Kaif often notices and it seems now he wonders who is she?
.
He is thinking that despite of his horrible behavior, how can she treat him so well and follow his words?
Why she awakes till late nights?
Was it for him to serve food?
When does she eat?
Why he never sees her on bed at morning?
Probably, He was too harsh with her, too brutal, that she needs to disappear or it was because she didn't want him to show her face at morning and ruin his mood since he said he feels disgust about her. Ya Allah, what on this earth I was doing with her.
Whereas she calls me to ask whether I had lunch or not. Damn! He actually started noticing her deeply.
.
Kaif knocked at door and she opened, without realizing he will be so early at home and he's almost about to see her face but she managed to hide her face with her veil. She was fleeing from him that almost fall down but he catches her. This is first time He could feel her and memory of that night appeared infront of his and his eyes meet with Barakah's twinkling eyes. But Barakah feels him always, his heart, his smell, his touch. She is shocked hearing that he will buy medicine for her as her health isn't good and she feels vomiting. She never expected this from him. .
Well she stopped expecting high from others rather learned to be happy within sadness. But to her surprise he bring medicine for her and offered her water to take it, but said, he bought it because he feels uncomfortable with sickness.Whatever, she was happy.
.